Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bit of advice needed

Bit of advice needed

Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bit of advice needed

I got my housing allowance from work a few weeks back, got the contract sorted, paid with my cheque and mrs spugsy's postdated cheque,

Now she STILL hasn't got her cheque from work after 2 weeks and hers is post dated for the 28th of this month, so on the 28th she'll have dir 50,000 coming out of her bank account but will only have about dir 20,000 in there,

If she can't get the cheque today what can we do? Speak to the bank? get a short term loan? what? I hear you get in deep crap for being overdrawn over here,

anyone help please?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit of advice needed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I got my housing allowance from work a few weeks back, got the contract sorted, paid with my cheque and mrs spugsy's postdated cheque,

Now she STILL hasn't got her cheque from work after 2 weeks and hers is post dated for the 28th of this month, so on the 28th she'll have dir 50,000 coming out of her bank account but will only have about dir 20,000 in there,

If she can't get the cheque today what can we do? Speak to the bank? get a short term loan? what? I hear you get in deep crap for being overdrawn over here,

anyone help please?
she has got to get back onto her Company, being overdrawn is a real no go here!!! you can end up in jail, honestly Spugs she has to get onto her employer and get it sorted ASAP
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
she has got to get back onto her Company, being overdrawn is a real no go here!!! you can end up in jail, honestly Spugs she has to get onto her employer and get it sorted ASAP
christ, I'll get on to her.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the 28th is Friday!!! you need to get the cheque into the account and get it cleared ASAP. Why are they hanging back on giving her the cheque?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

the 28th is Friday!!! you need to get the cheque into the account and get it cleared ASAP. Why are they hanging back on giving her the cheque?
God only knows, she asked for hers before I got mine. How long do they take to clear over here?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
God only knows, she asked for hers before I got mine. How long do they take to clear over here?
depends on the bank, about 3 days I think, but if her cheque is issued by the same bank as her employers it will clear automatically. Good luck!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

she gets teh cheque and they'll put it in tomorrow, not sure if they are the same bank so I'm hoping it clears in time.

Honestly, her people are as crap as mine.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

ask the landlord not to cash the cheque until a couple of days later.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
ask the landlord not to cash the cheque until a couple of days later.
I'm trying to contact him, but he may have put them in together.] and be waiting for hers to clear.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:22 am