Big Red

Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Big Red

Has anyone ever been to the Big Red dune on the DXB Hatta road. Are there quads to rent or they all privately owned. How safe is it and everything?
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice
Default Re: Big Red

Originally Posted by Benson
Has anyone ever been to the Big Red dune on the DXB Hatta road. Are there quads to rent or they all privately owned. How safe is it and everything?

Give one of the Safari company's a call, anything can be arranged to suit the clientele, except alcohol but you wouldn't want to drink and drive!!

http://travel.independent.co.uk/low_...&host=2&dir=42
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:12 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

who needs a quad? Rent ur own 4X4 and make a go of it yerself......... just remember to deflate ur tyres extensively and try not to let ur 4X4 tip over as I almost did.*GULP*

Was a terrifying experience which JD and CF can confirm. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:06 pm
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Face81
who needs a quad? Rent ur own 4X4 and make a go of it yerself......... just remember to deflate ur tyres extensively and try not to let ur 4X4 tip over as I almost did.*GULP*

Was a terrifying experience which JD and CF can confirm. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Aye it was frightening but fun all at the same time, a real adrenilin rush!
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Face81

I have 4x4. And I teach desert driving at work. What I want is quads and buggys for a friend who is having a stag do. I have suggested a trip with a tour company as I have heard from friends they are very good for the day trip.

The best trips I have done are in the Liwa area, went down a hundred metre dune, you wouldn't belive the size of them. It was after watch the al Moreeb reach the top.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:33 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Aye it was frightening but fun all at the same time, a real adrenilin rush!
Have done both, tried it myself and took a tour with Desert Safari's.

Was much more fun being driven by the pro's.
If i were you i would go on the other side of the road to Big Red, much more fun
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Have done both, tried it myself and took a tour with Desert Safari's.

Was much more fun being driven by the pro's.
If i were you i would go on the other side of the road to Big Red, much more fun

This is me in my Jeep. The last one is the 100m dune we went down.

I have seen some of the tour drivers and I would seriously question their sense of safety. When I drive I know the limits of the cars ability and will not push it. I have seen them driving on the limit!
Attached Thumbnails Big Red-jeep.jpg   Big Red-jeep2.jpg   Big Red-slipface.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:09 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

I have seen some of the tour drivers and I would seriously question their sense of safety. When I drive I know the limits of the cars ability and will not push it. I have seen them driving on the limit!
on the limit? you havn't seen those who cross the limits yet?

many crazy ppl out there...many
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:17 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I must confess, i was scared shitless. :scared:
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:21 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I must confess, i was scared shitless. :scared:

you got scared in your own car
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:02 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

I have 4x4. And I teach desert driving at work. What I want is quads and buggys for a friend who is having a stag do. I have suggested a trip with a tour company as I have heard from friends they are very good for the day trip.

The best trips I have done are in the Liwa area, went down a hundred metre dune, you wouldn't belive the size of them. It was after watch the al Moreeb reach the top.
when u get to dubai, I expect a few lessons courtesy of u! I am wose than terrible when it comes to dune bashing...... i am TERRIBLE :scared: :scared:

Good thing we r alive today!
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nabs
you got scared in your own car

When i went it was fantastic!! Except we were in a 4 x 4 with 4 others and one of the others was a 9 year old who had, had a huge Breakfast, I know this cos he didn't keep it down and the driver wouldn't stop so he just chucked and chucked and chucked!!

Position in the car is important aswell, Front seat if possible, do not take the rear seat in a Land Cruiser and i mean the Rear Rear seats, these are so far back and behind the rear axle that the forces are exaggerated as you go up and down and side to side.

I would still do it again and again though

Great Fun
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:00 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Not for an 8 and 10 year old then?
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:09 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Not for an 8 and 10 year old then?
it is, but make sure its at least 2 hours after they had breakfast
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:10 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
it is, but make sure its at least 2 hours after they had breakfast
Still sounds a bit scary :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.