Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Big dog, small budget....

Big dog, small budget....

Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big dog, small budget....

client has a doberman and a budget of 60,000 dhs max...apart from the Greens, any info on where she might be welcomed...works in Knowledge Village...
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big dog, small budget....

Originally Posted by MataHari
client has a doberman and a budget of 60,000 dhs max...apart from the Greens, any info on where she might be welcomed...works in Knowledge Village...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonamu...771667?sk=info
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.k9friends.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thatsnotreallyhelpingmeatallffs.com
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

TECOM? Al Barsha? JLT? Even Marina has apartments under 60K.

But the Greens is probably the easiest place to have a dog and when I lived there there were loads of people out walking dogs in the evenings.

I think the one-beds in the older low rises are now going for as low as 45K.

She'd get more space in TECOM and can walk over to the Greens for the pouch meetups.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:30 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ethos83
TECOM? Al Barsha? JLT? Even Marina has apartments under 60K.

But the Greens is probably the easiest place to have a dog and when I lived there there were loads of people out walking dogs in the evenings.

I think the one-beds in the older low rises are now going for as low as 45K.

She'd get more space in TECOM and can walk over to the Greens for the pouch meetups.
Tecom and Al Barsha have local landlords that are not keen on dogs according to the agents...and it's a doberman, not one of those tiny dogs you can fit under your arm, don't think many people would like to get into the elevator with a doberman...
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Tecom and Al Barsha have local landlords that are not keen on dogs according to the agents...and it's a doberman, not one of those tiny dogs you can fit under your arm, don't think many people would like to get into the elevator with a doberman...
Hmmm...Tricky. It would seem not much has changed. In 1982 [yes,yes,I know -Dinosaur!] we had a Dobermann in Doha and she caused all kinds of hoo-haa because the landlords took one look at her and shat a brick.
all I can recommend is some underhand ' No! Lovely dog!' chunter.
I wish your client well. Been there done that!
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Doberman ( as you know) and I live in Al Barsha, my LL has never had a problem with my dogs. There are lots of dogs round here darling but difficult to find a villa for 60K!!
Dobbies are on the banned list of dogs darling..as in..they are not allowed to be kept in apartments and they have to be muzzled and leashed if they are being walked.

http://www.vetcaredubai.com/banndeddogs.html

I am not sure but I think Dobbies are on the banned list for importing too but I can't find enough details.

So 60K may not be enough to get a villa which they will have to have.
Maybe, if your client is single they could find a villa share that doesn't mind a dog.
xx
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have a Doberman ( as you know) and I live in Al Barsha, my LL has never had a problem with my dogs. There are lots of dogs round here darling but difficult to find a villa for 60K!!
Dobbies are on the banned list of dogs darling..as in..they are not allowed to be kept in apartments and they have to be muzzled and leashed if they are being walked.

http://www.vetcaredubai.com/banndeddogs.html

I am not sure but I think Dobbies are on the banned list for importing too but I can't find enough details.

So 60K may not be enough to get a villa which they will have to have.
Maybe, if your client is single they could find a villa share that doesn't mind a dog.
xx
Patsy, I think that Dobies might be on the prohibited list, but as we both know, this is a load of cobblers! They are only as bad as their owners make them. My much missed,to this day , Dobie was persecuted by two ill-tempered Siamese cats, whom she worshiped!
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Raedfares is an unknown quantity at this point

Oud Metha
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Raedfares
Oud Metha
You are at liberty to place your trivium wherever you feel appropriate. I will not offer suggestions....
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Patsy, I think that Dobies might be on the prohibited list, but as we both know, this is a load of cobblers! They are only as bad as their owners make them. My much missed,to this day , Dobie was persecuted by two ill-tempered Siamese cats, whom she worshiped!
My dobbie is so lovely..he protects when he needs to ..other than that he is happiest when he is carrying his squeeky, fluffy rabbit toy around
Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raedfares
Oud Metha
You are at liberty to place your trivium wherever you feel appropriate. I will not offer suggestions....
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...1202318AAK3R84
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh... Sorry about that, need a new map, apparently.
(P.S. Patsy, the only time Dobies get the 'Ump is when you're being mean with the Kit-Kats!)
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh... Sorry about that, need a new map, apparently.
(P.S. Patsy, the only time Dobies get the 'Ump is when you're being mean with the Kit-Kats!)
Chocolate is poisonous for dogs darling!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.