Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best way to ship to Dubai

Best way to ship to Dubai

Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

JudyJude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to ship to Dubai

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the best way to ship books/clothes NO FURNITURE - am packing light - to Dubai?

International shipping or extra suitcase and pay at the airport????
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:00 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best way to ship to Dubai

Pack sensibly and send your stuff seafreight. They charge by volume (lenght xheightxwidth ) of the box and not weight as does air shipment. The excess baggage carriers are actually likely to be cheaper thanthe airline itself if you choose to take that route but beware - you are by then a hostage. Don't forget that if you have an airline card then this confers extra weight allowance and if you do choose to fly the stuff with yu then don't worry about the services in Dubai - they are all there and you won't need to pick the suf up yourself.

Sea freight takes a month rather than two days for air freight but still the same hassle and extra cost in getting to the agent. The agent can clear and deliver tou your house.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Or ..........post on some of the other boards and find out if anybody near you is shipping their stuff out and see if you can put it on their container, they probably won't charge you if it is just a small amount.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:10 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

I recall I airfreighted to Kuwait and it was Two pounds fifty per kg plus about fifty pounds for clearance, Airwaybill and delivery - i week but for three big heavy boxes it was about ninety pounds all in for seafreight - four weeks.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:52 pm
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JudyJude
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the best way to ship books/clothes NO FURNITURE - am packing light - to Dubai?

International shipping or extra suitcase and pay at the airport????
Who are you flying with? If you're flying with Gulf Air then register online at http://www.gulfair.com/ffp/enrol.asp for their frequent flyer card and even if you're flying in cattle class you get an extra 10Kg of luggage allowance just for signing up. Believe me, I used every one of the free allowance when I flew out.

Sending things via courier with work out at about 10 pounds/kilo