Reload this Page >

Best USD offshore account?

Best USD offshore account?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:02 am
Just Joined

cwman99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best USD offshore account?

Hi Chaps, (and ladies),

Since I am effectively paid in USD (with the Dinar linked to the dollar, and no signs of de-pegging), just wondering where the best rates are at the moment?

I have a bond with Anglo Irish at 5.5%, but this runs out in August, and I think it will drop to their normal rate of 3.5% after that. I see that 'Kaupthing Singer and Friedlander (IOM)' are giving 4.5% on their notice accounts. However, apparently Moody's has rated the Icelandic bank system as fragile, so have a small worry about the stability of KSF, even though it's protected by the IOM bank code.

Anyone got other idea or suggestion for USD accounts?

Oh, as and aside, anyone use Internaxx for online trading? Comments?

Thanks, Rgds
C
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best USD offshore account?

Anglo Irish have offshore accounts and you should be able to get a USD account with around 5% interest. ($5000 minimum balance).

There are a few bond type products offshore giving capital guarentees but minimum periods of around three years available if you are not planning to use the money...PM me if you need more info.

Regards

N.