Best route to work in dubai!

Best route to work in dubai!

Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

alph250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best route to work in dubai!

Hello

Im new here so break me in gently!

Right I'm 23 single UK born and educated. Im just starting my last year of a HNC in Building services engineering im already a student member of CIBSE and should be Incorporated at the end of this course (fingers crossed!) I currently work within the MOD network and have done for 3 years in project management (site engineer level) mostly between £5 and £10 million builds and managing my own jobs up to £250K im very ofay with cdm, H&S and ive got a good all round understanding of my trade!

Right that's my background, I would like to live and work in dubai on completion of my HNC but all the jobs i find on career search engines are on a very senior level, Are there vacancies for people like myself?

If so, Where can i find jobs suitable to my background and career level, and what sort of money/job packages can i acheive?

I also have the option of carrying on my studies to a bachelorete degree level, would i be better of doing that and building up a couple more years of experiance? if so would it be more beneficial to gain some years working in a more commercial environment?

Bit of an essay and for that my apologies but some positive input would be most helpfull!

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best route to work in dubai!

hiya and welcome, take a look at the 'looking for a job' thread, I will bump it up to the top now, list of all agencies there. Apparently there is a magazine in the UK for Construction workers that alot of companies out here advertise in but I am not sure of the name of it.

Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alph250
Hello

Im new here so break me in gently!

Right I'm 23 single UK born and educated. Im just starting my last year of a HNC in Building services engineering im already a student member of CIBSE and should be Incorporated at the end of this course (fingers crossed!) I currently work within the MOD network and have done for 3 years in project management (site engineer level) mostly between £5 and £10 million builds and managing my own jobs up to £250K im very ofay with cdm, H&S and ive got a good all round understanding of my trade!

Right that's my background, I would like to live and work in dubai on completion of my HNC but all the jobs i find on career search engines are on a very senior level, Are there vacancies for people like myself?

If so, Where can i find jobs suitable to my background and career level, and what sort of money/job packages can i acheive?

I also have the option of carrying on my studies to a bachelorete degree level, would i be better of doing that and building up a couple more years of experiance? if so would it be more beneficial to gain some years working in a more commercial environment?

Bit of an essay and for that my apologies but some positive input would be most helpfull!

Cheers

I would say do the extra and get the bachelors... degrees are worth a lot more down the line... but commercial experience can only help as you're then working to make money which is experience that is invaluable when moving to dubai
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

get the degree....it's not a cheap place in DXB, and without it or the experience, you won't be getting anything too senior, so what's the point in being poor in another country?