Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best places to live in Dubai

Best places to live in Dubai

Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:10 am
Just Joined

spiritofistanbul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best places to live in Dubai

Hi - I am due to move to Dubai in the next 6 weeks or so. I will be working in Downtown Dubai but I have not yet sorted out any permanent accommodation.

My budget will be around 150-160k AED and will be looking for a 2 bed apartment.

I was wondering what the best places would be to rent an apartment in Dubai.

Just me and my wife (no kids) and ideally I don't really want to commute longer than 20mins if possible.

Also, just wondering if people really need to own their own car in Dubai or if it is easy to get away with using the metro/taxis?

Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:03 am
Just Joined

MrAliAhmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best places to live in Dubai

It's depands on you if you want to stay in hotels mostly 3 rooms is best for you in UAE.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spiritofistanbul
Hi - I am due to move to Dubai in the next 6 weeks or so. I will be working in Downtown Dubai but I have not yet sorted out any permanent accommodation.

My budget will be around 150-160k AED and will be looking for a 2 bed apartment.

I was wondering what the best places would be to rent an apartment in Dubai.

Just me and my wife (no kids) and ideally I don't really want to commute longer than 20mins if possible.

Also, just wondering if people really need to own their own car in Dubai or if it is easy to get away with using the metro/taxis?

Thanks
With that budget you’ll be able to get a very nice 2 bedroom apartment in Downtown, within walking distance of everything there. Taxis are very easy to come by in that area, and the metro station is reasonably close so you could conceivably live without a car.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
With that budget you’ll be able to get a very nice 2 bedroom apartment in Downtown, within walking distance of everything there. Taxis are very easy to come by in that area, and the metro station is reasonably close so you could conceivably live without a car.
You'll be lucky to get anything really good at 150k in Old Town, it's pretty much all 170-180 as a minimum. Might strike lucky in Burj Views or the Loft.