British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Best place for single bloke to live in Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/best-place-single-bloke-live-doha-759986/)

Kix May 29th 2012 4:47 pm

Best place for single bloke to live in Doha

Dont say Dubai!

Looking very much like im moving to Doha Q4, now Im not in my 20s, or 30s, need a 2 bed apartment with pool, gotta be v nice, and I do like a beer or three.

Pay up to 150 k or so, where's good? West Bay?

Thanks in advance.

K

gottheTshirt May 29th 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Best place for single bloke to live in Doha

150k is not enough for a V nice furnished apartment in West Bay. depends where you work. Zig Zag towers has easy access to bars in Intercontinental, Ritz carlton (admirals is acceptable), Hyatt and golf club.

Alexa May 29th 2012 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt (Post 10089042)
150k is not enough for a V nice furnished apartment in West Bay. depends where you work. Zig Zag towers has easy access to bars in Intercontinental, Ritz carlton (admirals is acceptable), Hyatt and golf club.

Zig Zag is crap and the pool does not function.

Try al Fardan Towers...sorry am not of help, have no idea about apartments really.
But have been to Al Fardan, and thought it was really nice

Johnnyboy11 May 29th 2012 7:25 pm

A friend of mine stays in the zigzag and says there vis a massive tower block currently being built right next door, which will kill the views for many residents, as well as constant construction noise 24/7.

What about the new Ezdan complex in Al Wakra? A bit out of town, but new accommodation, with pool etc., very cheap, and near the airport and QDC.

West Bay is way over-rated and the Pearl is now dry!

[J]

Kix May 30th 2012 4:08 am

Thanks for the replies, I'll be working at (but not for) QNCC, but like to be close to a few places to go for a quiet evening out.

Al Fardan, will look at that. So how much do I need for furnished 2 bed, I thought 150 would suffice, best go for 200 then. Package more than covers it.

Meow May 30th 2012 6:58 am

You just can't keep away from the ME can you? ;)

mentalist May 30th 2012 7:02 am

I sincerely hope that you are in the fire protection business as Doha needs some expertise in that area right now it seems.

britexpat76 May 30th 2012 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10090079)
Thanks for the replies, I'll be working at (but not for) QNCC, but like to be close to a few places to go for a quiet evening out.

Al Fardan, will look at that. So how much do I need for furnished 2 bed, I thought 150 would suffice, best go for 200 then. Package more than covers it.

I live between La Cigale and Ramada, new building and a big 2 bed. Its 15 minutes from anywhere in doha and a 5 minute walk to beer. 120k a year furnished and bills. Oh and it becomes available this week as I am moving.

Also loads of places to eat nearby and a shopping centre.