Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best place to live in dubai

Best place to live in dubai

Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Default Re: Best place to live in dubai

There's never anything for sale in jumeira area, or to rent for that matter. I would love to live there.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
There's never anything for sale in jumeira area, or to rent for that matter. I would love to live there.
There are plenty of places to rent in Jumeirah on expatriates.com...try the international version and go for the property section.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
expats can't buy in jumeirah...there is loads to rent here though...

MM, xx
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:52 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calipso
I am seriously contemplating moving to the Marina.

Anyone from there? What do you think of it?
For singles and married couples without kids, Dubai Marina is a good place to live - especially the central section on the north (seaward) side.

Here, you currently have access to many hotel pubs (about 20 drinking holes) within walking distance. Once the Marina Mall is up and running (end of 2009), along with at least 5 new hotels ( 3 in August 2008 and 2 at end of 2009), the number of dining/drinking holes will increase to over 30 within walking distaance. In addition, the new Marina Motor Yacht Club (opens June 08) will also have dining and drinking facilities open to the public.

To burn off the accumulated calories, the beach is only a 3 to 4 minute walk away. Also, the new indoor sports centre at Marina Wharf II opens next year with facilities for indoor football, basketball, squash, ten pin bowling, weights etc.

The old Marina Phase I buildings at the eastern end of the Marina are in a dry area (no alcohol) and it is currently a 20-minute walk to the nearest watering hole at the Grosvenor Hotel (will reduce to 10-minute walk when the new marina bridge is open in July).

Current supermarkets are Ibn Battuta, Spinneys (Phase I marina) and a new Cloithrams to be built in west end of the marina.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

calipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nicecalipso is just really nice

Thanks MacScot,

sounds pretty good to me.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:56 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calipso
Thanks MacScot,

sounds pretty good to me.
I forgot about all the shops, restaurants and coffee bars opening up within the Jumeirah Beach Residences (JBR) courtyard areas. Already been to some including the new Lebanese restaurant (between the Hilton and Sheraton hotels) that overlooks the sea. So even more choices!