Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best place to buy "trendy" furniture at reasonable price/delivery date

Best place to buy "trendy" furniture at reasonable price/delivery date

Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:21 am
Perfumdiva1

Default Best place to buy "trendy" furniture at reasonable price/delivery date

OK, y'all need some guidance here

I am visiting Dubai shortly to furnish my brothers apartment, and need to know where to go to check out furniture.

1. Good quality

2. Not too expensive

3. Short delivery dates

4. Will negotiate

Please help

Will buy drinks for useful informartion

PD
x

Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best place to buy "trendy" furniture at reasonable price/delivery date

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK, y'all need some guidance here

I am visiting Dubai shortly to furnish my brothers apartment, and need to know where to go to check out furniture.

1. Good quality

2. Not too expensive

3. Short delivery dates

4. Will negotiate

Please help

Will buy drinks for useful informartion

PD
x
The Home Centre has a pretty wide selection of stuff and at very reasonable prices. The biggest and best one is in the Oasis Centre on SZR, just beside interchange 2.

Dare I mention Ikea? Big difference here is that they deliver and assemble larger items for you at no extra cost.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:46 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best place to buy "trendy" furniture at reasonable price/delivery date

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
The Home Centre has a pretty wide selection of stuff and at very reasonable prices. The biggest and best one is in the Oasis Centre on SZR, just beside interchange 2.

Dare I mention Ikea? Big difference here is that they deliver and assemble larger items for you at no extra cost.
No dont mention Ikea!!

Everyone thinks Marina is expensive but if you compare it to the same stuff back home its really cheap..... Plus Lucky's in Sharjah...
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:03 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by sassy
No dont mention Ikea!!

Everyone thinks Marina is expensive but if you compare it to the same stuff back home its really cheap..... Plus Lucky's in Sharjah...

I have heard of Lucky's before,

Can you buy what you see and take it home??

Want to buy stuff that is kinda different if you are taking it back to the UK

Could you give me an address please

Thanks for the info

PD

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info

PD
It is called Lucky's cos you are lucky if you find it!

It is in the Shj industrial area. A couple of warehouses full of solid wood furniture, some good stuff.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:08 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by LakesLassie

Thanks for the info, Ikea in Houston is a major pain, do deliver, for a small fortune, and then they dont even assemble...

Had a very interesting evening, well my husband did LOL, assembling 2 sets of bunk-beds, upstairs, when our A/C had just died, must have been 120 degrees, poor baby

But, most importantly, the beds looked great...........

But shall certainly consider Ikea again, by the way, do they still have the restaurant in the middle of the shop??

PD

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:08 am

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info

PD
hmmmm.... actually i have never been but know loads of people that have I would try .... dare I mention it.... the other site EW. they are good at that kind of thing
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:09 am
Perfumdiva1

hmmmm.... actually i have never been but know loads of people that have I would try .... dare I mention it.... the other site EW. they are good at that kind of thing

OK, get ya

Shall post over there

Hmmm

PD

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:12 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Benson

It is in the Shj industrial area. A couple of warehouses full of solid wood furniture, some good stuff.

Ha ha

Could you elaborate with an address please

If I go to Shj, then I will go to the blue Souk, LOVE LOVE LOVE that place

Is Luckys far from there ??

PD

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:21 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

No dont mention Ikea!!

I love Marina, in fact I think when I get kicked out of my house I am gonna move in there...where is the biggest outlet?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:22 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I love Marina, in fact I think when I get kicked out of my house I am gonna move in there...where is the biggest outlet?

Hey

I just posted a funny comment to you on the other site and it got zapped

WTF

PD
???????

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
On the edge of Al Quoz....and Barsha its huge but I like the one in the Souk.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:28 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Benson

Benson

Doesn't your bum get cold ????

Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Ha ha

Could you elaborate with an address please

If I go to Shj, then I will go to the blue Souk, LOVE LOVE LOVE that place

Is Luckys far from there ??

PD
I wouldn't know were to start, I have only been there once. I drove but someone else navigated me there. I was looking on the uaelocator web site, they used to be listed but seem to have been removed. Sorry can't help.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:39 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

I just posted a funny comment to you on the other site and it got zapped

WTF

PD
???????

Huh really typical anality

sassy well it would have to be the souk I don't fancy Barsha the boss lives there poor sod...but then he is Dutch :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.