Al Wasl
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Best hospital for having a baby in Abu Dhabi - advice please

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:50 am
Just Joined

tombridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best hospital for having a baby in Abu Dhabi - advice please

Hi, My husband and I have just recently moved to Abu Dhabi from the UK. We are 4 months pregnant and looking into which hospital would be best to have our baby.
My husband has private healthcare fully covered for myself and maternity for having the baby.
We need to have more regular scans and check up due to my blood type and risk of pre-term birth.
Can anyone recommend a hospital that might accommodate this type of support here in Abu Dhabi? I have read the Corniche is good and also Khalifa and Al Raha. But any advice would be much appreciated. Also what documents do you need to take to get set up at a hospital? What is the process?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Default Best hospital for expat to give birth Abu Dhabi - any advice please

Hi, My husband and I have just recently moved to Abu Dhabi from the UK. We are 4 months pregnant and looking into which hospital would be best to have our baby.
My husband has private healthcare fully covered for myself and maternity for having the baby.
We need to have more regular scans and check up due to my blood type and risk of pre-term birth.
Can anyone recommend a hospital that might accommodate this type of support here in Abu Dhabi? I have read the Corniche is good and also Khalifa and Al Rahba. But any advice would be much appreciated. Also what documents do you need to take to get set up at a hospital? What is the process?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tombridge; Sep 23rd 2013 at 5:28 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best hospital for expat to give birth Abu Dhabi - any advice please

Corniche is a maternity hospital so I expect is one of the best in terms of facilities, however I have heard it's chaotic and where many of the locals go so expect long waits, no adherence to supposed visiting hours and I think you share rooms (i.e. are on a ward before/after).

Not sure about Khalifa but I know it has good facilities in general but may not be a maternity hospital as the Corniche is.

By Al Raha I think you mean Al Rahba which again has good facilities, including a special care baby unit, but is a bit out of town. I know this because my daughter was born at Al Noor Hospital on Airport Road 4 years ago and had to be transferred to Al Rahba straight after with breathing difficulties which they were not geared up for at Al Noor. They were excellent at Al Rahba though, but again expect many locals and am not sure what the facilities would be like for the mother as my wife remained at Al Noor.

Al Noor was good and I expect their facilities are better now.

If you're living a little out of town it may be just as quick to get to Al Rahba as it is to get to the Corniche, particularly during peak hours.

In terms of what you need, you should just need an appointment and your medical insurance card. Take your passport/visa copy (if you'e got it yet) as you may need it for some reason.

Good luck..
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best hospital for having a baby in Abu Dhabi - advice please

Actually giving birth in the UAE is the easy bit, the paperwork after is where the real pain occurs.

We had our youngest at Corniche in 2006 and it was fine.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Best hospital for expat to give birth Abu Dhabi - any advice please

Thanks so much Millsyisland.
We are due to move near the corniche so this could be a good option for us.
This is really helpful and gives us some recent advice too. Lots on the Internet is from 2-4 years ago. So thank you.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much. We are due to be living near the corniche so this could be a great option.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Given birth in private here and in a public hospital (Corniche). Corniche is the only way to go for me. I had to give up being precious (it was my third so that was easy for me) and realise that you are in the safest hands in the UAE. It's not glamorous but you and your baby will be in great hands, especially your baby, should anything go wrong, (which it did for me in a private hospital and I am still very angry 3 years on). My son is fine, but that was sheer luck.

Try www.abudhabiwoman.com for more information on paperwork, but you need your certified wedding certificate, copy of husband's passport and visa, copy of yours and medical insurance card at the very least.

Good luck, there will be loads of people to help and also, to get you in touch with others who are pregnant too!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Al dente that's great. I'll look up abudhabiwoman and continue some research. Much appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

we've had two in the AL Noor in Airport road.

Paperwork is easy, receive live birth notification from hospital. Take it to the ministry of interior with originals and copies of

1.) Emirates ID cards - both parents
2.) Passports with Visas - both parents
3.) UAE attested marriage certificate

Received birth certificate in Arabic. Pay additional 50-100 AED, get English copy.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:22 am
Banned

freewifiavailablehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive no idea BUT congratulations - barefoot and pregnant, how beautiful - your hubby must be grinning from ear to ear daily.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I'd recommend that you check carefully that your insurance will cover you for the delivery. I have definitely heard of people who came over here already pregnant, and were not covered. I think my own (Daman International) medical insurance says there is a 6 month period after a new policy begins before you can claim for pregnancy.

Loads of discussion about maternity hospitals here (as recommended earlier, but this link takes you to most of the discussions): http://www.abudhabiwoman.com/forum/271-pregnancy-birth/
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks Archie about checking insurance. I am onto checking those details. Very helpful.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Tombridge of the hospitals you mention, Khalifa (if you mean Sheikh Khalifa Medical City) doesn't do obstetrics and the others are not ones familiar to me. Al Raha could just be a typo - there is an Al Rahba hospital near Al Reef (an outer suburb of Abu Dhabi) and they do obstetrics. I understand they are OK.

With the others, I'd bet the last four are Dubai hospitals rather than Abu Dhabi ones. Just thought I'd put it out there ....
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks YooHoo, great. Yes typo with Rahba and the others were just on a list of recommendations. Could well be Dubai. Corniche is looking a favourite.
Thanks again.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks YooHoo, great. Yes typo with Rahba and the others were just on a list of recommendations. Could well be Dubai. Corniche is looking a favourite.
Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.