Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best Brunch for Fussy People?

Best Brunch for Fussy People?

Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Just Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really nice
Default Best Brunch for Fussy People?

Hey all,

Been trawling previous posts for best places to have brunch and Al Qasr seems like a winner. However, my parents are coming to visit us and they are a bit fussy to be honest - they like simple food and I'm wondering if there is enough variety to keep me and the Mrs happy (we like everything) and also keep my parents happy (they like simple stuff). Also they don't really do fancy champagne etc (we do) - a decent pint of Guinness or bitter is the order of the day for Dad at least.

So - with all that am I wasting my time (and money) going there???
(PS we have a 6 month old baby as well if that makes a difference!)

Cheers in advance!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:56 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Brunch for Fussy People?

Originally Posted by Just Browsing
Hey all,

Been trawling previous posts for best places to have brunch and Al Qasr seems like a winner. However, my parents are coming to visit us and they are a bit fussy to be honest - they like simple food and I'm wondering if there is enough variety to keep me and the Mrs happy (we like everything) and also keep my parents happy (they like simple stuff). Also they don't really do fancy champagne etc (we do) - a decent pint of Guinness or bitter is the order of the day for Dad at least.

So - with all that am I wasting my time (and money) going there???
(PS we have a 6 month old baby as well if that makes a difference!)

Cheers in advance!
Dont know about brunch with simple food and Guiness and Bitter but Rivington Grill in Souk Al Bahar (Dubai) sells some good bottled beers and some good old english favorites, have been to the Jumeira Hotel Brunch and their choice is lager or red/white wine or sparkling wine, but plenty of choice in buffet, I had some friends across who seem to be very much like your parents and they enjoyed the brunch and the Rivington Grill
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I too have simple food tastes, don't drink wine, champagne or lager.

Go to the Fairmont - Spectrum on One, they do a Champagne brunch, but will also get you a Guinness or 10. Your parents can start brunch with an 'English' breakfast and then move onto a sunday roast.

For you, champagne, wine and a wide variety of food.

Also Yalumba at the Merdien Airport will get you Guinness (depending who you know, you might have to pay extra) - not such a wide variety of food though.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB

Go to the Fairmont - Spectrum on One, they do a Champagne brunch, but will also get you a Guinness or 10. Your parents can start brunch with an 'English' breakfast and then move onto a sunday roast.

Also Yalumba at the Merdien Airport will get you Guinness (depending who you know, you might have to pay extra) - not such a wide variety of food though.
yea i like Spectrum on one. Must say that the only thing that disappointed me about the place was when we went and my wife was pregnant. We had to pay extra for mocktails but all the alcohol was free...go figure
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Just Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really nice

Hm, could do it - how much is the Fairmont per person??
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I only go when we can take clients for a business lunch, the reason... 550aed per head

Well it was last time I went, around 2 months back.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I only go when we can take clients for a business lunch, the reason... 550aed per head

Well it was last time I went, around 2 months back.
christ, i remember when it was 300 or 350AED per head. and the exchange rate was 7.6...

changed days..
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:34 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm told Friday brunch at the Dubai Marina Yacht Club's Aquara restaurant is good..but I haven't been yet:

The Friday Brunch at Aquara is on offer from 12.30pm to 3.30pm and is priced at AED 220per person including unlimited soft drinks and AED 290 per person inclusive of house beverages.

http://www.dubaimarinayachtclub.com/...aterfront.html

Tel: +9714 362 7900.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:23 am