Reload this Page >

Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

Old Dec 18th 2014, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Jetsetter1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. Have just accepted a post due to start working in doha in September, I'm a single female moving over from Belfast. So far the salary has been disclosed which I'm very pleased with but I know little about the accommodation and area. I'll be working for sidra. Any advice i'd much appreciate it thanks. 😊
Old Dec 19th 2014, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

I'd go via Edinburgh.....
Old Dec 19th 2014, 6:09 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of money tips from me...

Sort yourself out a private pension scheme before you leave the UK, you can't do this retrospectively. Then you can pay in £2,880 next tax year and the following 5 tax years and get a free £720 each year automatically credited by HMRC

Your worldwide earnings can be UK income tax and NI free from the day after you leave the UK, but only once you become UK Non-Resident which for you will be 6th April 2017 at the very earliest. Working full-time overseas for a full tax year and limiting your visits to the UK are the main criteria, but there are other connecting factors to watch out for.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Jetsetter1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11

Sort yourself out a private pension scheme before you leave the UK, you can't do this retrospectively. Then you can pay in £2,880 next tax year and the following 5 tax years and get a free £720 each year automatically credited by HMRC

Your worldwide earnings can be UK income tax and NI free from the day after you leave the UK, but only once you become UK Non-Resident which for you will be 6th April 2017 at the very earliest. Working full-time overseas for a full tax year and limiting your visits to the UK are the main criteria, but there are other connecting factors to watch out for.
Thanks Johnnyboy11 this is the kind of advice I'm looking for! Leaving in September for two years initially.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11

You can visit the UK for up to 90 days a year is it, to keep non resident status?
Half days count as full days too, including arrival at airport even if for only one hour that day I think it is..
Old Dec 21st 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

cormacsfl is an unknown quantity at this point

Or Fly direct to Dublin from Abu Dhabi and off home to Belfast up motorway, technically not back in UK and no Customs at border, just a thought!! Good Luck with Move
Old Jun 16th 2015, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Amma5009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have just found your post and also kind of in the same situation, I may be moving to Doha in September and would like to know how you have found the experience as a single female (30's). Have you managed on the salary? Have you met people easily (male and female expats)? Have you got any crucial advice? I'm fairly social and dread the thought of being lonely and single! I've never visited Doha, only Dubai and I'm under no illusion that it's the same...

Any honest help would be great!
Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Peachicedtea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amma5009
Hi

I have just found your post and also kind of in the same situation, I may be moving to Doha in September and would like to know how you have found the experience as a single female (30's). Have you managed on the salary? Have you met people easily (male and female expats)? Have you got any crucial advice? I'm fairly social and dread the thought of being lonely and single! I've never visited Doha, only Dubai and I'm under no illusion that it's the same...

Any honest help would be great!
Thanks
Hi Anna

Have you decided to move to Doha in September?

I am moving at the end of august on my own and also have the same sort of questions as you

Xx
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Amma5009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Yes I am at the end of august!
Are you organised and excited?

And what job are you going to do??

Last edited by mikewot; Aug 4th 2015 at 11:19 am.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Not at all organised as I have no idea what to pack!

I am getting excited- I fly out in 19days!!!

I am a primary teacher.

You?
Old Aug 5th 2015, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

I have tried to find out where I will be living but have just been told a certain distance from the school... I am just trying to find out as much as I can. x
Old Aug 6th 2015, 2:22 pm
Just Luvin it!!!

PuRe is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Belfast to Qatar, advice please!!

Originally Posted by Peachicedtea
Not at all organised as I have no idea what to pack!

I am getting excited- I fly out in 19days!!!

I am a primary teacher.

You?
I'm a teacher too, I fly out next week message me.