Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Being A nanny in Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi arabia

Being A nanny in Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi arabia

Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Wealth is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Being A nanny in Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi arabia

Please I want fellow expats living or working in middle east to enlighten about living situation there,I just got a job offer from a family in Saudi and people are telling me to reject the offer but am jobless and am tempted to accept the offer ,please am a 22year old Nigerian lady,kindly guide me on what to do....thanks for replying
Old Nov 15th 2017, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being A nanny in Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi arabia

I am not Nigerian, not 22, not jobless, not a lady and not a nanny, so my opinion may not be worth much. But I wouldn't do it.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
I am not Nigerian, not 22, not jobless, not a lady and not a nanny, so my opinion may not be worth much. But I wouldn't do it.
i am not Nigerian, am not 22 (wish i was lol), not sure i would be referred to as a lady , but i am a female....i am with CSDF i wouldn't take it either. Saudi's have a bad reputation for mistreating their household employees, and even more so if you are of black origin. I would definitely reject the offer.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

once you are in Saudi Arabia, you could well find yourself pretty much a hostage to your sponsor. They will almost definitely take away your passport so that you cannot leave the country and the working conditions will probably be extremely difficult. You might find yourself the victim of physical or even other forms of abuse you don't want to think about. And if you are, there will be no way for you to get help.

They will also tell you anything at all to get you here. You will only find out whether they are lying the hard way.

It is not worth it.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Okay thanks everyone I will let the offer go and please if there's au pair,nanny,pa anywhere am interested
Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:20 am
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

You might try www.expatwoman.com for Dubai, AD, Northern Emirates. You're not supposed to advertise for a job but you could post asking how is the best way to get a nanny job with expat/good family in Dubai etc. I think there are quite a few jobs going.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:05 am
Just Joined

OK thanks sabi
Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know of a great nanny job, with a great sponsor. They need to cover some medical bills but their account is frozen due to not paying a fee for a lost credit card, if you could send me US$200 via western union that I will pass on to them to unlock their account... they will offer you a good job paying $3000/month for doing some basic housekeeping and nursing type work. please be quick
Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:30 am
Just Joined

**** you scammer@ millhouse..go get a life
Old Nov 15th 2017, 1:48 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wealth
**** you scammer@ millhouse..go get a life

yeah this dame is fishy definitely
Old Nov 15th 2017, 5:14 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Wealth

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.

My name is Peter Lawson,a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer which was discovered very late,due to my laxity in carrying for my health. It has defiled all forms of medicine, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God ! has called me, I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul and so, I have decided to give arms to charity organizations and give succour and confort to the less priviledged in our societies, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth.

So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this my self anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization and to the less priviledged in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty four million dollars that I have with a Security Company in Europe for safe keeping. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and disburse it to some charity organizations and to the less priviledged.

Please send me a mail to indicate if you will assist me in this disbursement.

I have set aside 10% for you for your time and patience.

You can e-mail me at[email protected]

While I await to hear from you, may God be with you and your entire family.

Remain blessed.

Mr.Peter Lawson
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

how do you guys spot a scammer? i thought it was a genuine post
Old Nov 16th 2017, 2:55 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
I thought it was genuine too, but too good an opportunity to miss.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:27 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
There are NO 22 year old Nigerian Ladies in the world.....at all!
Its a murphy law, look it up