Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Being added to husband's Saudi iqama

Being added to husband's Saudi iqama

Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice
Default Being added to husband's Saudi iqama

Hi all, not sure of the correct terminology. However, does anyone know how long I have to physically stay in Saudi for this to happen?

We plan to have me added to his Saudi Iqama before we take up residency in Bahrain. I'd like to get an idea of how long I will have to be "holed up" in Saudi for this to happen. I don't want to arrive there anticipating a couple of weeks and then find out I've got to stay 90 days or something equally ridiculous. My husband has been working in Saudi for 5 years.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all
Default Re: Being added to husband's Saudi iqama

Originally Posted by Work Widow
Hi all, not sure of the correct terminology. However, does anyone know how long I have to physically stay in Saudi for this to happen?

We plan to have me added to his Saudi Iqama before we take up residency in Bahrain. I'd like to get an idea of how long I will have to be "holed up" in Saudi for this to happen. I don't want to arrive there anticipating a couple of weeks and then find out I've got to stay 90 days or something equally ridiculous. My husband has been working in Saudi for 5 years.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Hate to say it but really depends on how much wasta your husband's company has. Also with Ramadan approaching everything will basically close down for a month so would wait until after Eid.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Thanks for that, not sure how much pull they have with Saudi authorities.

He claims it will only take a couple of weeks but he's not that into details! So thought I would do some checking myself.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:37 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

This process is a Family Residence permit. At the end you will get your own iqama where a sponsor is your husband and valid for the same period.
Whan you arrive on Family Residence visa you can get iqama in 3 days fastest and in 3 arabic month (<90 days) max, otherwise you become an overstayer with deportation and 10000 sar penalty for your sponsor-husband (never heard about such case for western expats).

Check this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773821
Old Jun 27th 2013, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for that link. It gives me more information than what I had previously.

Clearly my searching skills are somewhat lacking.