Default beIN Sports

My old subscription expires on the 13th March
I renewed it today, online

I was very surprised to see that the new expiry date is now 26th Feb 2016
They have not renewed from the old date, but from today

Be careful, if you do not renew on the last day you are missing out

If renewal-date <> old-expiry-date then
set new-expiry-date to be old-expiry-date + 365

Hardly rocket science for a programmer with any common sense??

But then what can we expect from the children who write the code these days
Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: beIN Sports

nope its always been the case, that they will take the subs when you renew, ie they had a special offer last year for the world cup and you got a discount but only up to a certain date which was actually like 3 weeks before the subs would finish for the normal yearly sports package....

so not its not any different than what has happened in previous years.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Haddad is an unknown quantity at this point

They claim the renewal is now $225
as opposed to $150 without the World Cup last last year

Real con merchants

All I want is F1
none of the football rubbish
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

well you havent much choice so you need to decide if you want to pay it or not..... otherwise.... you can complain about it until the cows come home.... not much you can do here!
Old Feb 28th 2015, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Agreed, there is little choice for me with the F1

I just wanted others to know the situation

beIN really are amateur hour, with no EPG on the Es'Hail satellite, even after a year
Old Mar 1st 2015, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes but some years its been osn sports and then they loose the franchise then it goes to ad sports then they loose it and its bein sports.... back and forth.... we have sat dishes/receivers from all companies!!! bein were terrible in the beginning, they are so much better now.... when we first arrived on these shores OSN were terrible, they are better than they were... you have to look at where they started not where they are now!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:04 am
Just Joined

I know what you mean.
To watch F1 I bought a card reader for my DreamBox to watch Al Jazeera
Then I had to buy a new box to watch via Abu Dhabi
Then another box for beIN, last year

Each box costing around $150, compared to an Open box at $40

The beIN box is a gaudy kids toy along side the Abu Dhabi box
and with less features. No way to set the power on channel.
It used to default to the Sport 1 channel, but they have upgraded the
firmware, and now it does remember the last viewed channel
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh yeh forgot about previously called al jazeera! yeh you then have to get the "new" box for bein.. and previously you had to get the "new" box for osn.....

its unfortunately just fact of life here!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:37 am
Just Joined

I have never gone the OSN route
far too expensive for far too little

I get most of my TV viewing from torrents
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
yes but some years its been osn sports and then they loose the franchise then it goes to ad sports then they loose it and its bein sports.... back and forth.... we have sat dishes/receivers from all companies!!! bein were terrible in the beginning, they are so much better now.... when we first arrived on these shores OSN were terrible, they are better than they were... you have to look at where they started not where they are now!
I think BEin's Premier League coverage this year has been very good , good guests and whatever you think about Grays & Keys they put on a decent pundit show .

I did like OSN's coverage a few years ago but then they lost the franchise and the whole coverage for 4 seasons after that went to rats shit.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
I think BEin's Premier League coverage this year has been very good , good guests and whatever you think about Grays & Keys they put on a decent pundit show .

I did like OSN's coverage a few years ago but then they lost the franchise and the whole coverage for 4 seasons after that went to rats shit.
apart from the fact only one game is in English.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the games sound far better with the Arabic commentary....
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
Not on my box here , there's quite a few with English commentary .
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
now... it was worse before, then they had a choice of games.... but it changes all the time