Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beep beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep...................BEEP!

Beep beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep...................BEEP!

Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beep beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep...................BEEP!

What's with all the beeping?!?!
I am used to it at traffic lights now but just now....I had my car parked filling up with petrol at the petrol station while I was in the shop getting some lunch. No sooner had the attendant stoped filling my car the person parked behind - waiting for the petrol pump, starting beeping incessantly.
Meanwile I was in the queue to pay for my goods.

I walk out and the woman is waving her arms frantically at me - to which I waved mine frantically back at her sarcastically. I even reached into my car and beeped the horn for good measure much to the amusement of the attendant who I still had to pay.....a further delay.

Do people have no patience anymore? Especially when things can't be helped.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:10 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beep beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep...................BEEP!

Originally Posted by kelvynd
I am used to it at traffic lights now but just now....I had my car parked filling up with petrol at the petrol station while I was in the shop getting some lunch. No sooner had the attendant stoped filling my car the person parked behind - waiting for the petrol pump, starting beeping incessantly.

I walk out and the woman is waving her arms frantically at me - to which I waved mine frantically back at her sarcastically. I even reached into my car and beeped the horn for good measure much to the amusement of the attendant who I still had to pay.....a further delay.

Im new to the roads and they have no patience..... At all and that goes for almost everyone.
Its like they are in a rush to get somewhere, I tend to bring all my fingers together and shake as its meaning is ... patience , not that they apy any attention.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:46 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Nope, drivers here have NO patience at all. A millisecond is the accepted time limit for moving when the lights go green before you get beeped at!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristy
Nope, drivers here have NO patience at all. A millisecond is the accepted time limit for moving when the lights go green before you get beeped at!
Next time someone beeps me too soon at the lights i think i'll stop, get out and ask them if they beeped because they wanted me for something?

That'll piss them off.

I don't think the lights think is an impatience thing though (not sure). I am starting to think they do it just in case you haven't noticed.
Maybe thinking too positively there.

The petrol station one was ridiculous though.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:53 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Kristy!!! Thank you for karma. Will return after my ban is lifted...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:55 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Is not only in Dubai. Same in Doha. Just ignore them... Go as slower as you can... that will annoy them even more.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:57 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Next time someone beeps me too soon at the lights i think i'll stop, get out and ask them if they beeped because they wanted me for something?

That'll piss them off.

I don't think the lights think is an impatience thing though (not sure). I am starting to think they do it just in case you haven't noticed.
Maybe thinking too positively there.

The petrol station one was ridiculous though.
Your optimism is touching!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:45 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

i enjoy revving up behind them... then doing the horn... ok, i only hadthe 4x4 for a day but then K was not in the car the next morning on the way to city centre... heh heh wsa fun...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:47 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
i enjoy revving up behind them... then doing the horn... ok, i only hadthe 4x4 for a day but then K was not in the car the next morning on the way to city centre... heh heh wsa fun...
Child.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:50 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Child.
pardon....
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:10 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found that there's someone with a bigger 4 x 4 than you, and he's always behind u at the lights!!

Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:17 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I've always found that there's someone with a bigger 4 x 4 than you, and he's always behind u at the lights!!

as long as he is behind then is ok...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:20 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

as long as he is behind then is ok...
Mattersons
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:47 pm
Premium Member

Default star signs

Would be interested to know too?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:49 pm
Premium Member

Thats odd - I posted the message above on a different thread and it ended up here - should make life interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.