Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Been fired or resign?

Been fired or resign?

Old May 26th 2008, 6:02 am
Banned

AlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to all
Default Been fired or resign?

Howdy Britons and not, I'm in the process of a "consensual divorce" from my current employer, and I was wondering if there were any difference between resigning and being fired (yep, I actually have the choice!). I'm mostly thinking about visa status, ban, and entitlement to end-of-term treatment, commissions, etc, any advice will be appreciated!
Old May 26th 2008, 6:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been fired or resign?

If you resign after less than 5 yrs service in the UAE you get 1/3 of your gratuity. If you are fired you get it all.
Old May 26th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

is it because you are almost pregnant?
Old May 26th 2008, 6:11 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
If you resign after less than 5 yrs service in the UAE you get 1/3 of your gratuity. If you are fired you get it all.
kind of... I think it's:

less than 1 year = zero gratuity
1 to 3 years = 1/3 of the 21 days per year gratuity
3 to 5 years = 2/3 of the 21 days per year gratuity
5 years and over = 100% of 21 days per year
and I think at 10 years plus it goes up to 30 days per year?
Old May 26th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
kind of... I think it's:

less than 1 year = zero gratuity
1 to 3 years = 1/3 of the 21 days per year gratuity
3 to 5 years = 2/3 of the 21 days per year gratuity
5 years and over = 100% of 21 days per year
and I think at 10 years plus it goes up to 30 days per year?
that is confusing, i was made redundant recently after 1.5 years and i recieved the full 21 days gratuity..( i think)

Maybe getting made redundant has differing rules to being fired of course
Old May 26th 2008, 6:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

and the rules are different in the Free Zones as well, my husband always say getting sacked is better financially.
Old May 26th 2008, 6:27 am
Banned

AlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to allAlmostPregnant is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
Ah, thanks Shiva! Now I now why they're asking me to "resign"
a_a: it is because I've been almost pregnant for too long!
Old May 26th 2008, 8:04 am