Beauty Therapy

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:24 am
Just Joined

spagirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beauty Therapy

Hi there, Just new to this **HI**

Well I am looking to relocate to Dubai with my family. As a Beauty Therapist with nearly 20 years experience my work is in big demand over there and to be honest the chance of making good money for a change rather appeals!

Im married with 2 kids (Hubbie is an Engineer) and I was wondering what it would be like living over there.
I know that quite a few women don't work but obviously I would be working and my hubbie would be too. Whats the education like? Is there after school care if needed. What about kids growing up there? My husband has worked in UAE before but cannot answer most of the family questions as he was single when he was out there.

I have been wondering about salaries...what would be a good joint salary to live off. Some of the jobs that I have looked at are in the 5-7000 US bracket. Not sure what hubbie would get as an engineer.

What about living etc...Would it be better getting a job with accomodation included...If so what are the best areas to live.

Also question from hubbie: We would take our boat with us...Whats the fishing like and where can you launch the boat from.

Thanks for reading this...I hope I am not repeating what other people have asked too much. Most of the stuff Ive read on here tends to be from guys who have been offered the jobs 1st rather than the women......Oooo also on that subject whats it like for working women....conditions etc.

Thanks Heaps!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beauty Therapy

my advice would be for your husband to find a position first. I would be surprised if you got one that gave you a good enough income to support the entire family. Do a search on here regarding packages etc we have given plenty of advice out to the new guys Education is fine, but getting a place can be a bit of a nightmare. Loads of great places to live but renting is pretty pricey so ensure that husband gets a good deal.

Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:50 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that salary in USD per month or per year? The beauty industry over here is swamped with Far Eastern ladies working long hours and earning peanuts.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Is that salary in USD per month or per year? The beauty industry over here is swamped with Far Eastern ladies working long hours and earning peanuts.

I agree but the odd 'good' job does pop up, Raffles are good payers
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I agree but the odd 'good' job does pop up, Raffles are good payers
Rip-off merchants, you mean...the most over-priced establishment in town...for the time being.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i think you will be very hard pushed to earn a good salary in this trade here, most of the salons have asian/eastern european girls, and as LH said, they work for very low pay...

unless you get lucky of course...so, good luck!

MM, xx
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

What kind for Engineer is the husband? That's the only real route in...plenty of threads on rents and education, which aren't cheap, so would need a massive salary or decent package etc...

Wiki is a good place to start looking