Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beauty Salons in Abu Dhabi

Beauty Salons in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

main15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beauty Salons in Abu Dhabi

Hi just moved to abu dhabi last week and wondered if anybody knows of good salons for nails, waxing et.... and also any good hairdressers?? thanks!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice
Default Re: Beauty Salons in Abu Dhabi

Oh man, there are sooooo many. When I lived there, I found that I had to go to different salons for each service. Waxing was good for me at Madonnas Salon, in the Porche building, next to the Sheraton Corniche. Bula or Thula, something like that was her name, she was a wax queen. Hair done there , not so good, for me.
For hair, I went to the salon at the Le Meridien, by Abu Dhabi Mall. The main guy Ali, is good, IMO. Cut and color, did what I asked, no more, no less.
Nails, I went to Nails Salon in the Abu Dhabi mall. Once you find it, you should be OK.
These are my choices after much hit and miss. There are indeed an overwhelming supply of salons, it totally depends on your wants, needs, etc.... good luck
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

there are loads!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Black Eyed Susan is an unknown quantity at this point

I use The Beauty Spot in the Marina Villas.

Waleed is fantastic with hair and Maria does a great job with the nails.

Used to use Michael at the Crowne Plaza, he is a wicked hairdresser and use to get my nails done at Tips N Toes in Marina Mall.

Now I am hooked on the Beauty Spot!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buddymom
Oh man, there are sooooo many. When I lived there, I found that I had to go to different salons for each service. Waxing was good for me at Madonnas Salon, in the Porche building, next to the Sheraton Corniche. Bula or Thula, something like that was her name, she was a wax queen. Hair done there , not so good, for me.
For hair, I went to the salon at the Le Meridien, by Abu Dhabi Mall. The main guy Ali, is good, IMO. Cut and color, did what I asked, no more, no less.
Nails, I went to Nails Salon in the Abu Dhabi mall. Once you find it, you should be OK.
These are my choices after much hit and miss. There are indeed an overwhelming supply of salons, it totally depends on your wants, needs, etc.... good luck
Hi - I agree that waxing is good at Madonna. Hair - Sheraton Corniche - George is good, Sam at Hairworks in Spinneys is fantastic. Nails salon in Al Muhairi Centre. Also the massages at Madonna are fab, and also Footprint Spa in Al Wahda Mall is great they have a Filipina physiotherapist there she is fantastic and knows her stuff and it's not expensive. There is also a good beautician for facials at Madonna. But if you really want cheap and cheerful then Dhabi Dames is another good option.

Threading is not good at Madonna but they do tint eyebrows which is great.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

main15 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everybody for the great suggestions- ill try them- i know there is loads hence the reason for asking- cheers everybody!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Beauty Gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Abu Dhabi... I get about everything done at Madonna Spa.. It's the place where you can trust with wax, hair, nails, and mainly facials!! I go there at least once every 2-weeks.. You should try it now where all the therapists are there and not on Summer holidays

Enjoy such an experience..
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the BE board. good that you have got some great information. another site you might want to check out:

http://www.abudhabiwoman.com/index.php

good luck with your new life here!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

i just had a fab cut and colour mani/pedi at sharanis spa KCA xxxxxalso have amazin treatments and the spa is out of this world xxxxand its in kca!!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Louby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lobby lou
i just had a fab cut and colour mani/pedi at sharanis spa KCA xxxxxalso have amazin treatments and the spa is out of this world xxxxand its in kca!!!

Hi, new to the area! And am desperate for decent cut/colour/mani & pedi!

Can you tell me where abouts is sharanis spa? I live in al raha gardens.

xx
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

go over roundabout by raha towards royal jet ,go over roundabout at royal jet go down rd to next roundabout turn right first left....or if goin down rd where pinkshops are .....go to roundabout go right round so cominup other side turn right at humpty dumpty nursery and follow rd nearly as far as it goes and on u left.....im sure bb2 will come on and coreect my directions lolx
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you know what i could just about follow those directions, pretty good

maybe a little more precise :

from raha school: go over roundabout, past royal jet on right hand side, next roundabout turn right and then first left and its big white building there on corner.
from pink shops: go to roundabout at Chouefiat (blue 15th) do a u turn, come back on yourself, turn right on small road just past Humpty Dumpty Nursery, go all the way down (many many roads) and the last little road on the right hand side you will see white spa building on corner.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lobby lou
go over roundabout by raha towards royal jet ,go over roundabout at royal jet go down rd to next roundabout turn right first left....or if goin down rd where pinkshops are .....go to roundabout go right round so cominup other side turn right at humpty dumpty nursery and follow rd nearly as far as it goes and on u left.....im sure bb2 will come on and coreect my directions lolx

Thank you for that, I'll go and have a look later xx
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
you know what i could just about follow those directions, pretty good

maybe a little more precise :

from raha school: go over roundabout, past royal jet on right hand side, next roundabout turn right and then first left and its big white building there on corner.
from pink shops: go to roundabout at Chouefiat (blue 15th) do a u turn, come back on yourself, turn right on small road just past Humpty Dumpty Nursery, go all the way down (many many roads) and the last little road on the right hand side you will see white spa building on corner.
Thank you too Busybee 2 xx
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tel number 025562601xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.