Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting time

Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting time

Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting time

Hello,

for weeks I am trying to figure out now, which highways/streets lead from Abu Dhabi to Dubai. My husband will have to commute 2-3 times a week. He was told that it is very crucial to live VERY close to the highway or commuting times will be very very long. Do you think that is true?

I am looking for a house or apartment with a nice view (no construction work) and am wondering which "districts" you would recommend for us to live in.

In Vienna or Paris, places I have lived at, there are simply districts and it is easy to know the locations. But in Dubai it is so confusing, I am not getting the districts, as everybody separates them differently or calls them differently.

Is Greens, Discovery Gardens and Springs the same?

Which beautiful areas do you know of which are not too far from AD in terms of commuting time?

Thank you.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:31 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting t

Abu Dhabi is one.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting t

where are you going to?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting

Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting

To Dubai.

In the meantime I researched areas which I think are close to the highway to Abu Dhabi.

The Meadows (especially phase 1 and 2)
Jumeirah Beach Residence
Jumeirah Lake Towers
Jumeirah Park
Jumeirah Islands
Emirates Golf Club
The Gardens
Emirate Hills
The Views
The Greens
The Lakes

We have a budget of 200 000 AED for a house/apartment for 2 peopl and are looking for something like a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom.

Which regions would you recommend? Do you know any real estate agents that rent in that regions?

(Better homes rents mostly not so charming apartments.... :-( )

Last edited by alexalexa; Sep 30th 2008 at 4:31 am.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

"Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting"

Dubai is far from Abu Dhabi and along one main highway through the desert. Not sure about the places you mention but I'm sure someone from Dubai will answer. It will be difficult to avoid construction work in UAE.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

mrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nicemrskpd is just really nice

Dubai and Abu Dhabi are at LEAST an hours drive apart, much more in peak hour. This road is, apparently, one of the most fatal in the world. Cars drive at breakneck speed and in peak hour it becomes like a carpark. Therefore regularly commuting along it is not a great idea for safety reasons and also quality of life!
Best way to find an area you like, and decide whether you can do the communte, is to hire a car, go to both cities, and drive back and forth between both, then drive around the residential areas to get a good feel for them. If you are just heading over it is the norm for your new company to cover your accomodation short term for up to a month which should give you plenty of time to decide which area you like before committing to anything. Everyone's idea of 'beautiful' is probably different!
best of luck
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

ok, I want to make a few things clear.

I do know that Dubai and AD are not that close, and also about the dangers of the road, but my husband has no choice as he is involved in projects in BOTH cities. Please no comments about that, that is written in so many threads.

My question is also not, which one is the best region, but which one do you think is the best/nicest/a nice/an ugly/close to the road/ far away etc. region?

Maybe I am lucky and someone of you knows one of those communities or lives close to the road that leads to AD.
I am interested to hear your opinions if you do... Just driving through a place is not the same as living there, and the traffic is not always the same either.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting

xxxx

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Beautiful regions in Dubai that aren't far from Abu Dhabi in terms of commuting

To Dubai.

In the meantime I researched areas which I think are close to the highway to Abu Dhabi.

The Meadows (especially phase 1 and 2) vy difficult to get out on to the road but these are 4 bed villas so more likely to be nearer the 400k range
Jumeirah Beach Residence apartments
Jumeirah Lake Towers apartments
Jumeirah Park i am guessing these are all in the marina area, which is the right end of dubai
Jumeirah Islands big big villas more expensive than meadows but next door to the meadows has the same prob getting out on to main road
Emirates Golf Club that is being dug up, houses there are even more expensive
The Gardens these are by ibn so is dooable
Emirate Hills big big houses not in the 200k range
The Views dont know this one, but sounds expensive
The Greens this is next door to the meadows again same problem but these are cheaper houses
The Lakes expensive, same area as greens/springs/meadows etc

We have a budget of 200 000 AED for a house/apartment for 2 peopl and are looking for something like a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom.

Which regions would you recommend? Do you know any real estate agents that rent in that regions?

(Better homes rents mostly not so charming apartments.... :-( )
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:45 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

The lakes is easily the best, most beautiful and closest for commuting - there - I have done as you have ordered.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

isn't beauty is in the eye of the beholder ?!

I live in in Dubai Marina and comute to AD 2/3 times a week. I have a beautiful marina view of Dubai and from being so high up have even a better view of when the traffic is a mare on the SZR so can stay in bed for another 20/30 mins in the morning....
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:55 am
Banned

Foxes, no - beauty is not in the eye of the beholder - the op seems very reluctnt to get in a car and find out for herself and is relying in our beholdment.

Marina is nice - they should live there and get a boat for the commute...

...actually that's not a bad idea... a GIANT sea going Abra would do.

I promote the Lakes because of the fragrance.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I do know that Dubai and AD are not that close, and also about the dangers of the road, but my husband has no choice as he is involved in projects in BOTH cities. Please no comments about that, that is written in so many threads.

My question is also not, which one is the best region, but which one do you think is the best/nicest/a nice/an ugly/close to the road/ far away etc. region?

Maybe I am lucky and someone of you knows one of those communities or lives close to the road that leads to AD.
I am interested to hear your opinions if you do... Just driving through a place is not the same as living there, and the traffic is not always the same either.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Qatar instead...EVER so beautiful here...can REALLY recommend it.

Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

I think she should live in shahama!!!!!!xxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't aware of any "beautiful regions in Dubai" but no doubt the Dubai Tourist Group of the BE Forum will correct me...you know who you are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.