Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beating pregnant woman?

Beating pregnant woman?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beating pregnant woman?

This story is disgusting.

Three brothers accused of beating couple in Dubai cafe

No word if there was a miscarriage, but it's plausible.
I hope these people see justice.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beating pregnant woman?

Originally Posted by BurpusMe

Yeah , just about sums up what these people are about really . Years of being able to do whatever they like with no consequence whatsoever and no regard for anything but themselves and their needs.

No wonder these creatures can't survive in the real world outside their gilded Gulf cage.
There's so many wrongs in that article it's unbelievable.I hope these fu**ers maybe get a taste of what should be coming.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

I note that only one of the three brothers bothered to turn up at court!

If you decide to defend yourself, and in so doing injure your attacker, then you are looking at long jail time - it's a no win situation and part of the risk of living in the region.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
I note that only one of the three brothers bothered to turn up at court!

If you decide to defend yourself, and in so doing injure your attacker, then you are looking at long jail time - it's a no win situation and part of the risk of living in the region.
The behavior is unacceptable - I hope the criminals are brought to justice.

Why does this article refer to the attacker as "businessman" rather than "assailant". It's a poor choice of words, at best.

As per my understanding, when an expat doesn't show up at court they are tried in absentia. Wouldn't this standard apply in this situation?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:53 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

The behavior is unacceptable - I hope the criminals are brought to justice.

Why does this article refer to the attacker as "businessman" rather than "assailant". It's a poor choice of words, at best.

As per my understanding, when an expat doesn't show up at court they are tried in absentia. Wouldn't this standard apply in this situation?
Good question, but the answer is probably somewhat Orwellian, ie everyone is equal but some are more equal than others....

Anyway, why even bother with going to court? It is after all a farce. It is hardly likely they will be convicted, and if they are then probably with some ridiculous punishment.

I say find out where the pricks live and wait for them one evening with a few friends. Then beat the crap out of them. Obviously don't get caught....This even follows the sharia principle of retaliation (qisas) as discussed recently in another thread..
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:24 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

I was in Ikea recently and a local young couple were pushing their trolley round(which was a surprise,no maid) the bloke pushed the trolley into an old asian lady much to the amusment of his wife, I was ******g fuming,the old woman was obviously hurt and in pain, he had pushed the wheel into the back of her foot and she had sandals on and these fooktards couldnt even muster an apology.

They have no respect for other humans they are scum of the highest order.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glynster
I was in Ikea recently and a local young couple were pushing their trolley round(which was a surprise,no maid) the bloke pushed the trolley into an old asian lady much to the amusment of his wife, I was ******g fuming,the old woman was obviously hurt and in pain, he had pushed the wheel into the back of her foot and she had sandals on and these fooktards couldnt even muster an apology.

They have no respect for other humans they are scum of the highest order.
I'm sure that any of my Emirati friends would be horrified with this kind of behavior. It wasn't my intention to vilify all locals with this thread.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit... incredible.

No crack or Yaa Baa involved?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

I think its fairly safe to say theyll get away with it no problem, one article said the other two brothers didnt appear in court as they were on a pilgrimage in saudi arabia... its absolutley unnaceptable how these people act and id love to see them pull this shit in britain... i think its safe to say if they attacked a pregnant woman in scotland they would have been the ones coming out on the losing side haha
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avarice
I think its fairly safe to say theyll get away with it no problem, one article said the other two brothers didnt appear in court as they were on a pilgrimage in saudi arabia... its absolutley unnaceptable how these people act and id love to see them pull this shit in britain... i think its safe to say if they attacked a pregnant woman in scotland they would have been the ones coming out on the losing side haha
I don't know if they'll get away with this.
Let's hope not, anyway.

Little more info on 7Days. It sounds like their baby survived the attack.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So these bullies have been bailed, yet the teenage girl who claimed she was gang-raped was jailed as soon as she went to the police.

No wonder people have no faith in the police and judicial system here.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
So these bullies have been bailed, yet the teenage girl who claimed she was gang-raped was jailed as soon as she went to the police.

No wonder people have no faith in the police and judicial system here.
I agree with you Meow.

It seems unfit that these guys can leave the country while credit card defaulters get the travel ban. I don't know if it's an issue of nationality of classification of the specific crime, or some obscure loophole. But it's disgusting and sad.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:55 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Meow.

It seems unfit that these guys can leave the country while credit card defaulters get the travel ban. I don't know if it's an issue of nationality of classification of the specific crime, or some obscure loophole. But it's disgusting and sad.
unfortunately the discriminatory legal practice will continue until the day they can't get away with it anymore. yes, there's a lot of talk of expats being disgusted etc but nobody is actually doing anything about it are they? not that i'm saying that people on the bored should be doing anything, but our embassies and governments should...

how about jailing those emirati racers in london for a few years as a start? and rather than turning a blind eye when the saudis/emiratis behave like complete tw*ts in London the police should start arresting them.

If these people show up in a western country maybe they can be picked up and tried under an international court? After all that's what happens in a lot of other cases where there is deemed to be inadequate legal practices in the country/territory where the crime was committed...

I don't believe any diplomatic pressure or likewise will work however, so my previous advice stills stands. Wait for them in the dark and beat the crap out of them..BUT don't get caught!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by norsk
unfortunately the discriminatory legal practice will continue until the day they can't get away with it anymore. yes, there's a lot of talk of expats being disgusted etc but nobody is actually doing anything about it are they? not that i'm saying that people on the bored should be doing anything, but our embassies and governments should...

how about jailing those emirati racers in london for a few years as a start? and rather than turning a blind eye when the saudis/emiratis behave like complete tw*ts in London the police should start arresting them.

If these people show up in a western country maybe they can be picked up and tried under an international court? After all that's what happens in a lot of other cases where there is deemed to be inadequate legal practices in the country/territory where the crime was committed...

I don't believe any diplomatic pressure or likewise will work however, so my previous advice stills stands. Wait for them in the dark and beat the crap out of them..BUT don't get caught!
There was actually an article in the national recently about the racers in london and how the emirate government expect thier citizens to behave as they do thier expat community over here. Emiratis misbehaving abroad are subject to holiday restrictions etc... at least thats what it says. Theres never going to be an end to this though. These guys can literally get away with anything, especially in this country. In other countries its a money issue, money buys freedom in a lot of cases and emiratis are loaded (the ones crashing into bmws in london anyways)

as for beating the shit out of these fetus bashers, i really wouldnt mind being caught if i knew the media would get hold of it... anyone caught enacting revenge on people who did something like this would be instantly skyrocketed to hero status and it might just light a fire under some other peoples arses and contribute to the process of making some change... then again probably not, but u never know...