British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Beach Clubs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/beach-clubs-794267/)

abudhabinewbie Apr 17th 2013 8:28 am

Beach Clubs

Hi

Just wondering which beach clubs are the best for a bit of atmosphere i.e not many kids?

Are the only options the club and hilton beach club?

thanks

Quackers Apr 17th 2013 8:35 am

Re: Beach Clubs

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie (Post 10663708)
Hi

Just wondering which beach clubs are the best for a bit of atmosphere i.e not many kids?

Are the only options the club and hilton beach club?

thanks

I think there are ones in the Le Meridian and Rotana although I've never tried them cos I get stuck in the bar :p

abudhabinewbie Apr 17th 2013 8:39 am

Quackers thanks, i will check them out. By any chance do you know what they are building beside the hilton beach club?

I checked out the one at beach rotana near abu dhabi mall but its not great and the view is horrible.

I think there might be one at Khalidya palace, heard anything about it?

Millhouse Apr 17th 2013 8:49 am

My advice would be to take out a 3 month membership. The summer is a little too hot to going to the beach every weekend and you'll soon find the winters too cold as well. Better to pay by the day... even if the cost is insane.

Quackers Apr 17th 2013 9:03 am

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie (Post 10663727)
Quackers thanks, i will check them out. By any chance do you know what they are building beside the hilton beach club?

I checked out the one at beach rotana near abu dhabi mall but its not great and the view is horrible.

I think there might be one at Khalidya palace, heard anything about it?

The Le Meridian is the same view as the Rotana although a little further from the buildings. There are a few good bars and restaurants in the Le Meridian so it's easy to make a full day of it (and as noted above it's better to pay by day ...it will soon be too hot outside day and night).

I don't know what is being built next to Hilton but I guess could be another small beach club. I've not heard about the Khalidya palace.

flares Apr 17th 2013 9:14 am

The Club has an adult beach. And everything is a hell of a lot cheaper once in.

britexpat76 Apr 17th 2013 9:34 am

I used to go to the British Club. Everything you need.

abudhabinewbie Apr 17th 2013 10:55 am

Yea british club looks good but im at etihad towers so a bit of a trek to get there!

Going to go check out khalidya palace tonight and see whats happening. Will go to the hilton on Friday.

Yea it will probably be too hot but im also interested in a gym so will be using it throughout the year

Millhouse Apr 17th 2013 10:58 am

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie (Post 10663910)
Yea british club looks good but im at etihad towers so a bit of a trek to get there!

Going to go check out khalidya palace tonight and see whats happening. Will go to the hilton on Friday.

Yea it will probably be too hot but im also interested in a gym so will be using it throughout the year

Hilton is OK but full of greasy lebbos and their unruly kids.

mentalist Apr 17th 2013 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10663913)
Hilton is OK but full of greasy lebbos and their unruly kids.

:eek::ohmy::(

flares Apr 17th 2013 12:27 pm

There's a managed beach opened up on Saadiyat and also you have the public beaches - the one other end of Bateen where 19th St ends looks OK

Millsyisland Apr 18th 2013 3:47 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10663795)
I used to go to the British Club. Everything you need.

It gets so busy at this time of year though, we went there over Easter, drove in one end then straight out the other as we couldn't even park the car. Found out later that we'd probably have had trouble finding an empty sun-bed (let alone 4) so probably a wise move not to bother.

It's also a bit tatty now I find, been a member for the past 7 years, think this will be the last year though..

flares Apr 18th 2013 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 10665490)
It's also a bit tatty now I find,

Wow that's really harsh. It's a fantastic facility. Popular for a reason.

Millsyisland Apr 18th 2013 4:22 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10665507)
Wow that's really harsh. It's a fantastic facility. Popular for a reason.

Just my view, I know it's popular which is why it's so busy (too busy I think).

I'm sure the adult beach is lovely but think they should concentrate on some of the other areas, particulalry family/children's areas, like the pools, changing rooms etc., for which I stand by my 'tatty' comment.

flares Apr 18th 2013 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 10665522)
Just my view, I know it's popular which is why it's so busy (too busy I think).

I'm sure the adult beach is lovely but think they should concentrate on some of the other areas, particulalry family/children's areas, like the pools, changing rooms etc., for which I stand by my 'tatty' comment.

you Sir have particularly high standards

not sure about the adult beach as I've never been - looks OK as I glance back dragging the kids down to the pool