BBM abroad...

Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:26 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBM abroad...

I've got an Etisalat prepaid and I am wondering if I go abroad will I be able to use the BBM (not bothered about making calls) or will I have to upgrade or something to have it working...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBM abroad...

I'm not using BB anymore but I *think* you would have to go post-paid, pay AED 2000 roaming deposit and subscribe to BB Global Unlimited just to use BBM overseas ie totally not worth it.
I think you should be able to use BBM within wifi whilst overseas assuming you have a data plan on the phone.
You could (assuming the BB is unlocked) buy a SIM card at your destination and put a data plan on it for the duration of your trip - Orange in UK does this for £5 a month on PAYG. Your BB PIN has to be changed to the new data plan but it should do it automatically.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purdey
I'm not using BB anymore but I *think* you would have to go post-paid, pay AED 2000 roaming deposit and subscribe to BB Global Unlimited just to use BBM overseas ie totally not worth it.
I think you should be able to use BBM within wifi whilst overseas assuming you have a data plan on the phone.
You could (assuming the BB is unlocked) buy a SIM card at your destination and put a data plan on it for the duration of your trip - Orange in UK does this for £5 a month on PAYG. Your BB PIN has to be changed to the new data plan but it should do it automatically.
ohhhh...this is not what I wanted to hear at all....
I don't know what a data plan is, I only use my phone for calls, text and bbm which I use all the time now...was hoping I could keep on bbming when I was in Holland...but I guess it's never just that simple...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Ask them at one of those booths but im sure you need to pay the 300 Dhs monthly fee to have international. The 200 fee only gives you data and BBM in UAE.

Think I'm right but I was wrong one about 1984.

Mike
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:50 am
hmmmm...nice

that's starting to sound a bit better...
guess I'll have to head over to MCC, take a number and sit for an hour watching 4 counters with guys updating their FB status and one counter actually serving...hmmmm
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
that's starting to sound a bit better...
guess I'll have to head over to MCC, take a number and sit for an hour watching 4 counters with guys updating their FB status and one counter actually serving...hmmmm
i looked into it a while ago and the 300 dhs is only if you have a post paid contract or pay the 2,000 dhs deposit as far as i could understand...

i'm going to do the orange thing when i go back to the uk, i reckon it's going to be easier...

MM, xx