Basra

Old Sep 26th 2018, 6:42 am
Just Joined

wisey73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Basra

I am currently in negotiations with oil operator for rotational position in Basra. Anyone have any thoughts as to current security situation there ?
Old Sep 26th 2018, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Basra

I don't have any local insight, but it's been in the news a fair bit recently: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...next-for-basra
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wisey73
I am currently in negotiations with oil operator for rotational position in Basra. Anyone have any thoughts as to current security situation there ?

Are you going with BP or petrochina. If it is either then i would find other employees on Linked in and ask them

Below is from a BP employee written in 2017

1. It will take three months to obtain your work permit, then require time to obtain security zone access permit, etc.
2. All travel outside the camps is coordinated and managed by security teams. Work effectiveness is often limited by availability of security teams.
3. The Basra airport is small(which is good), but disorganized and slow(which is bad).
4. There is little to distract you from the daily routine, which can become boring, but if you are on 28-28 rotation, it is manageable.
5. My comments based on working at BP. Working at the PetroChina location might be a little different.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

wisey73 is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be with Kuwait Energy . I did see the old thread thanks , just wondered if anyone with recent experience given the local troubles lately. Have worked in south America,nigeria etc, but never had to wear body armour before !