Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Barracuda in Umm Al Quwain

Barracuda in Umm Al Quwain

Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Barracuda in Umm Al Quwain

I was bombing back to Dubai after a booze run this afternoon, and couldnt help wondering why people are able to buy booze here. No complaining.., just intrigued

TM - LB

p.s. for anyone who hasnt been, it's quite an impressive outlet and I reckon they got everything
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barracuda in Umm Al Quwain

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
I was bombing back to Dubai after a booze run this afternoon, and couldnt help wondering why people are able to buy booze here. No complaining.., just intrigued

TM - LB

p.s. for anyone who hasnt been, it's quite an impressive outlet and I reckon they got everything
Ah yes.......... the Barracuda. Yes they have most things you might want - and some you might not........

Somewhere, I still have an unopened bottle of something which the label claimed was "Blended Whiksy" (sic).................. distilled in India.

I couldn't resist buying it - a litre was AED 15, or something..............
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy

TM - LB

god only knows why but let's keep it that way
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:35 am
Just Joined

newbiecpl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi where is this Aladin's Cave of Booze...at the moment every time I fly back I buy 4 bottles in the duty free! is it cheaper at Barracuda?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
god only knows why but let's keep it that way
50% of the GDP of Umm Al Quwain is generated by Barracuda
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newbiecpl
Hi where is this Aladin's Cave of Booze...at the moment every time I fly back I buy 4 bottles in the duty free! is it cheaper at Barracuda?
prices vary, about the same, find Dreamland and it is next door
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by klaus3974
50% of the GDP of Umm Al Quwain is generated by Barracuda
he he he I think it was originally set up for the men of RAK to meet women of a certain kind if that makes sense
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks Guys......once I stock up and get a licence I will be sure to invite you all over for a piss up! Any drinks of choice
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:40 am
Concierge

Thanks Guys......once I stock up and get a licence I will be sure to invite you all over for a piss up! Any drinks of choice
vodka and diet coke please
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
vodka and diet coke please
Diet coke? Wimp.............
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:43 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Diet coke? Wimp.............
nah fat git
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Drive up the Emirates Road (is it still called that?), until Junction 103, turn left towards the coast, and look for the weirdest and most unexpected landmark in the region - an apparently abandoned aircraft in the corner of a field. It's just past that.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:24 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by The Dean
Drive up the Emirates Road (is it still called that?), until Junction 103, turn left towards the coast, and look for the weirdest and most unexpected landmark in the region - an apparently abandoned aircraft in the corner of a field. It's just past that.
weird that plane isn't it ?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

If you are bringing wine in then you can buy 5 bottles. Your allowance is 4ltrs NOT 4 bottles
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

thanks Patsy will keep that in mind..I guess I am on a mission today or tomorrow to locate this place. Can I get the licence there as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.