Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Banned from the UAE?

Banned from the UAE?

Old May 14th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Banned from the UAE?

Dear All

The following is an explanation from a friend of mine who is having issues trying to come back into the UAE - I figured if i posted his 'situation' on here, someone, somewhere might be able to help/point us in the right direction - any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

'I hope someone out there can advise me in the right direction or at least help me understand the 'how' and 'what' of my situation regarding my entry to the U.A.E.

I exited the UAE on the 25th of May 2003. I took advantage of the 2nd Amnesty at that time that the UAE government had launched to let people of 'special' status exit the country.

The Amnesty basically allowed us a few options to consider as to the manner in which we would have preferred to declare our residency status in the country. Having an emergency situation in the family, I chose not to declare any documents. But whatever option anyone chose, a full-scale investigation was still necessary to check on an individual's background in the country.
The law stated that those who took advantage of the Amnesty, will be allowed entry back into the country only after a 1 year ban had expired. This was common knowledge too.

And now for my situation:

- I cannot enter the UAE
- It will be 6 years on the 24th of May 2009
- I had been granted a visit visa twice [2004 and 2005] to visit U.A.E!
- I was able to travel with those visas both times
- At the airport immigration, I was not allowed to proceed further both times during the retina scan procedure
- Upon enquiry, I was told I had a lifetime ban on my entry to the U.A.E!
- The Dubai Airport Duty Manager advised me to have someone from the outside do some running around to get me out

My background in the country:

- I had been a resident of the U.A.E for a good 21 years
- 19 years of those are confirmed
- As far as I can remember, I was involved in only 1 incident: A car accident!
- I have had a clean record otherwise!
- The background investigation during my application for Amnesty to exitcame out clear. Including from the homicide and serious crimes divisions. Or else I would not have been allowed to exit!
- An immigration woman at dubai airport informed me that I can enter the country so long as I have a valid passport!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, as it feels really awkward not being able to enter a country especially when I don't know what the deal is.

Thank you all. And God Bless!'
Old May 14th 2009, 4:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banned from the UAE?

what passport does he hold? also I was under the impression that those who left under the amnesty were denied access back into the UAE for life. Does he have documentation to produce to immigration with proof that the amnesty is just a one year ban?
Old May 14th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, this sounds like the kind of situation that nobody can start to unravel. Who knows where to even start asking? Appeal procedure? Enquiries?

Nobody knows.

Unless you have a pressing need, I'd say that you've had 21 years, and it's best to move on.
Old May 14th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer is that he will never be able to enter the UAE via Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi Airport on the passport and name that he is holding now.

If he is a Brititsh passport holder I would suggest that he change his name by deed pole, get a new passport issued and then come in, the name should not be similar to the one he has changed from as the DOB cannot be changed, this is the only way he can come back in, even if he got past the retina scan as soon as he applied for a residency it would be declined.
Old May 14th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

So no matter what passport you get, or if you change your name, the retina scan will identify you.
Old May 14th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
So no matter what passport you get, or if you change your name, the retina scan will identify you.
..unless you poke your eyes out
Old May 14th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
The reason that he is being retina scanned is that he has a life time ban under that name when he comes in it flags in the system and they retina scan for clear proof that it is the same person, if he has a new name and a new passport number the chances of being stopped for a retina scan are minimal.
Old May 14th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
The reason that he is being retina scanned is that he has a life time ban under that name when he comes in it flags in the system and they retina scan for clear proof that it is the same person, if he has a new name and a new passport number the chances of being stopped for a retina scan are minimal.
I still prefer the poking his eyes out idea..
Old May 14th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
..unless you poke your eyes out
There is a scene in Mission Impossible or some such film where you can re create someones retina, I would suggest doing this and also using those un- seeable to the naked eye finger prints...

New name, new eyes, new finger prints, just the blood issue to get around, erm... New DNA?
Old May 14th 2009, 7:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

if there is a retinal scan attached to a lifetime ban....... your friends ****ed i'm afraid.

There will probably be an appeal process in theory, however in practise its almost certainly not worth the waste of time
Old May 14th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
There is a scene in Mission Impossible or some such film where you can re create someones retina, I would suggest doing this and also using those un- seeable to the naked eye finger prints...

New name, new eyes, new finger prints, just the blood issue to get around, erm... New DNA?
I think the murdered old lady might come in handy here..
Old May 14th 2009, 7:41 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are people so anxious to come here?
Old May 14th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why are people so anxious to come here?
Why are you still here?
Old May 14th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I still prefer the poking his eyes out idea..
LOL karma worthy I feel i know what you mean there is a risk but it is a risk that some people are willing to take, I know that I wouldnt.

Shiva, the appeal process as you state is a forgone conclusion the answer will be a definate no after a long drawn out process.

Last edited by banter64; May 14th 2009 at 7:56 am.
Old May 14th 2009, 8:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I think the murdered old lady might come in handy here..
Unless she has a lifetime ban as well....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.