Reload this Page >

IT Banking Salary levels for Riyadh

IT Banking Salary levels for Riyadh

Old Feb 23rd 2020, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

captain-caveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Banking Salary levels for Riyadh

Hello Everyone

I have been offered a Salary package of SAR31K per month is that enough money to live on ? coming along with me will be the 3 kids, my partner we will be in need of a 3 bedroom house

Whats the cost of living like in Riyadh ?

Of-course I will have to cream back at-least 2K GBP to be send back to England to pay towards my Mortgage and personal Debt.

With everything up in the air with this IR35 for IT contracting I thought maybe working in Saudi might be more tax efficiency and help me save a bit.

Old Feb 23rd 2020, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Banking Salary levels for Riyadh

School fees ? You cannot bring a partner unless you are married. No co-habiting in KSA !
Old Feb 24th 2020, 10:01 am
Just Joined

sarahlou davis is an unknown quantity at this point

What ages are the kids? do you get schooling/flights/medical for the kids and Wife?
Cost of living in KSA is lower than other GCC countries

Old Feb 24th 2020, 10:21 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto above , what does your company pay for re schools and House?
Also, 5 of you equals 4 dependant fees. Your salary is already 29,400.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, ditto re the previous replies. If your employer does pay for schooling - check how many kids they will support. Some companies cap it at 2 kids only, some may be more generous. Also, they may only cover school fees up to a certain amount, and may not cover 100% of the fees. The British School in Riyadh is eye wateringly expensive, so coudl take a very large chunk.

Additionally, check how much the company will pay for your housing. This can be very costly, especially if you're on a compound.

If those two elemants are taken care of, it will be a huge burden lifted. If they're not provided, then I would suggest that you come on your own and leave the family behind, as you won't be able to sustain it on that salary.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
School fees ? You cannot bring a partner unless you are married. No co-habiting in KSA !
This information is out of date. Whilst I'm sure it was once true the same does not hold today.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 8:17 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
This information is out of date. Whilst I'm sure it was once true the same does not hold today.
Maybe I missed something, but I thought the government was only going to allow unmarried tourists to rent hotel rooms. Nothing about cohabiting on a permanent basis with an iqama etc.

Old Mar 2nd 2020, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Maybe I missed something, but I thought the government was only going to allow unmarried tourists to rent hotel rooms. Nothing about cohabiting on a permanent basis with an iqama etc.
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that the official attitude had changed. Lots of 'Laws' are not applied since it is impractical to do so. Take the practice of Misyar for instance, the prosecutes don't apply the rule since it would mean war with the Bedouin. Given that this is the case officials don't care, you can have anybody as a dependent provided your sponsor is OK with it. The only real restriction to your bringing your harem of mail order brides to KSA is the sponsor as far as I can see, together with the dependent tax funding.