Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Banking/Investment Gulf main center

Banking/Investment Gulf main center

Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

SAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud ofSAMY_B has much to be proud of
Question Banking/Investment Gulf main center

Hello every body,

A quick question for those in banking field : Do you think that Dubai is about to dethrone Bahrain in banking activities ?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:57 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Banking/Investment Gulf main center

Originally Posted by SAMY_B
Hello every body,

A quick question for those in banking field : Do you think that Dubai is about to dethrone Bahrain in banking activities ?
the answer is yes... the DIFC is going to allow Dubai to reign supreme as the ME's financial hub.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:21 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAMY_B
Hello every body,

Yes, although they are building the Financial harbour in Manama, Dubai will win through
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

geoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant future

I certainly think Dubai will win through.

Dubai's ambitions make the DIFC, in my opinion, one of the most exciting projects in the World. By combining a regulator adopting the best international standards, a financial free zone and an exchange with a truely international reach will surely set Dubai on the path to becoming the centre for the middle east.

Good quality jobs with highly talented people will hopefully make a centre of excellence. It will take many years of cautious building, cold calm decision making processes and patience. If things stay firmly on track things who knows what riches will follow!

It's about time the middle east had a financial centre that welcomes openness and foreign investment from some big players. I believe this is Dubai's at its best.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:56 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geoffboon90

Dubai's ambitions make the DIFC, in my opinion, one of the most exciting projects in the World. By combining a regulator adopting the best international standards, a financial free zone and an exchange with a truely international reach will surely set Dubai on the path to becoming the centre for the middle east.

Good quality jobs with highly talented people will hopefully make a centre of excellence. It will take many years of cautious building, cold calm decision making processes and patience. If things stay firmly on track things who knows what riches will follow!

It's about time the middle east had a financial centre that welcomes openness and foreign investment from some big players. I believe this is Dubai's at its best.
Good words Geoff
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:13 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geoffboon90

Yay! Dubai wins!