Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Banking/finance folks from Saudi...

Banking/finance folks from Saudi...

Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

zayn is on a distinguished road
Default Banking/finance folks from Saudi...

Hello Board,

I have been lurking on the board for some time now and found all the advice and material very helpful.

I especially like to thank all those folks from Saudi who have posted such great info about a place with little info available.

I am in the financial services profession with about 10 years of experience on wall street and have been talking to a top saudi bank since september regarding a position they would like to fill.

I am particularly interested in talking to folks in the banking/finance industry in saudi to gain some insights.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
zayn
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banking/finance folks from Saudi...

Originally Posted by zayn
Hello Board,

I have been lurking on the board for some time now and found all the advice and material very helpful.

I especially like to thank all those folks from Saudi who have posted such great info about a place with little info available.

I am in the financial services profession with about 10 years of experience on wall street and have been talking to a top saudi bank since september regarding a position they would like to fill.

I am particularly interested in talking to folks in the banking/finance industry in saudi to gain some insights.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
zayn
As far as i know Saudi banks jobs only for Saudi Nationals.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mcmonkiez
As far as i know Saudi banks jobs only for Saudi Nationals.

With that name (Zayn) he might be a Saudi national perhaps?...
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Anyone with experience in Saudi banking/financial services industry???
Old Nov 26th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Topper Headon is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone with experience in Saudi banking/financial services industry???
I can tell you now the Saudi banking industry would fall apart without the non-natives involvement. What are you trying to find out? What is it you do? US bankers have done well in Saudi same as the brits.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure 'The Dean' will tell you all you need to know when he is online.

Best to outline the info required.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Is it typical of Banks to offer children education allowance/coverage to expats? The bank is a Saudi bank and they didn't mention the education in the offer letter so when I asked about it, they said "no". So, I told them that education in the US is free and in order to have comparable quality education for my children, it would cost a lot. Hence, I would need assistance.

Any advice, folks?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, the people we know in the banking sector get schooling paid. The American school is very expensive. More so than the British School. I would expect even the Saudi banks to offer schooling, but it will depend on the level/grade you are being recruited at.

Cheers
N
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Is it typical of Banks to offer children education allowance/coverage to expats? The bank is a Saudi bank and they didn't mention the education in the offer letter so when I asked about it, they said "no". So, I told them that education in the US is free and in order to have comparable quality education for my children, it would cost a lot. Hence, I would need assistance.

Any advice, folks?
Depends the level you are going in at and what you will be doing, its certainly not unusual for schooling to be added to the package. Can you expand a little on the role?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Topper Headon
Depends the level you are going in at and what you will be doing, its certainly not unusual for schooling to be added to the package. Can you expand a little on the role?
It's a Manager - Management Performance Reporting in the Finance/CFO department. They say it's level 10 but what does that mean? Initially I was told by the recruiter that it's Senior Manager position but in the offer letter they say it's Manager!

Anyone know what Level 10 means?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

It's a Manager - Management Performance Reporting in the Finance/CFO department. They say it's level 10 but what does that mean? Initially I was told by the recruiter that it's Senior Manager position but in the offer letter they say it's Manager!

Anyone know what Level 10 means?

Well all the banks will have different grades as a rule of thumb that I apply if its paying over $100K and accommodation is separate from that figure I would expect some element of school fees contribution. The banks do love a haggle though, who's negotiating HR or the guy who is hiring you for his team?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:39 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Any advice, folks?
am with a saudi bank and in IT and they even offered ME an education allowance for the kids! (pity i don't have any...)

if they've said no, go haggle. if they say no again, would be a serious reason to reconsider...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by still.unsure
am with a saudi bank and in IT and they even offered ME an education allowance for the kids! (pity i don't have any...)

if they've said no, go haggle. if they say no again, would be a serious reason to reconsider...
Agreed and believe me if you are negotiating with HR and and they have to go back to the business saying they have cocked it up then they won't be at home to MR HappY!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Well all the banks will have different grades as a rule of thumb that I apply if its paying over $100K and accommodation is separate from that figure I would expect some element of school fees contribution. The banks do love a haggle though, who's negotiating HR or the guy who is hiring you for his team?
The base is over $100K and accommodation and car allowances are seperate. The HR guy is negotiating and he's saudi. I think they are playing hardball. They take their sweet time in responding.

I asked for relocation and they said only air for you family and visas will be paid by bank. I said we need help with cargo and baggage.

I am waiting to hear back from them. How expensive is education per child?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

....they won't be at home to MR HappY!
Sorry, what does that mean? I am slow to catching slang.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.