Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Banking in Abu Dhabi

Banking in Abu Dhabi

Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:46 am
Just Joined

TigerWoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking in Abu Dhabi

Hi - I've just accepted a job in Abu Dhabi with Big 4 consulting firm. Can anyone suggest the best way to do banking in AB.

It would be good if i could set this up before I go out. I'm with Barclays at the moment, but should I look at other providers, local banks, offshore?

All help appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banking in Abu Dhabi

Congratulations on your new job.

I used to work for one of the Big 4 and they had it set up that on the day I joined the firm, a representative from HSBC came and visited and joined me up for a new bank account as this was who they banked with, so it meant I got my salary quicker.

It only took a couple of days to open.

Just so you know, you will not be able to open a bank account without your residency visa and this may take a while to process so you probably wont be able to open anything until you are here and have that visa in your possession.

With regards to off-shore. Contact a Financial Advisor.

Barclays do have offices in Abu Dhabi - but for how much longer is anyones guess. There is also HSBC, Citibank, Royal Bank of Scotland etc etc.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking in Abu Dhabi

If you are going to be UK non-resident, you should have an offshore account. Make sure that you complete the correct HMRC forms too.

-