Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:41 am
Banned

greenheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indian with Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

Dear friends,

I am an Indian. I had worked in UAE for 3 years. Because of my credit card and bank loan defaults in the crisis two bank have charged cheque bouncing cases in UAE. Fortunately I am now in India. The whole things happened before 18 months. And now I am jobless.

(Disclaimer: I have read several ethical issues related to credit card/ loan repayment & defaults discussed in this forum. It is my bad luck that i could not repay them at time. I wish i can pay them back in the future when i get a better job. Now i would like to ask something different. It is not about the ethical part of credit card/loan repayment.)

My parents want me to study in UK for MBA. I have got an offer from a University. Can i come to UK from India for studies? is there any issue in coming to UK with my previous credit cards/ bank loans in UAE?

Kindly help with your advise...

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by greenheart; Jul 5th 2010 at 7:40 am.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

no issues at all.
good luck.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 12:38 pm
Banned

greenheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much, Brains.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good idea to apply for a UK credit card though.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:12 pm
Banned

riyazahmd is on a distinguished road

hi

I have got the offer letter and the fee is ready to pay. Then i will receive the CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) from the university to apply for the visa.

when i looked at the application form, i found that there are a few questions in the 6th section of the form (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/...s/1903073/vaf9):

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)?

6.10 Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court?

unfortunately, the cheque bouncing followed by personal loan default is considered as a criminal offence in UAE, whereas it is a civil issue in all other countries.

If i tick 'Yes' to these questions and explain these matters, what would be the decision on my student visa application? kindly help me.

thanks.

Last edited by riyazahmd; Sep 29th 2010 at 1:41 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riyazahmd
hi

I have got the offer letter and the fee is ready to pay. Then i will receive the CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) from the university to apply for the visa.

when i looked at the application form, i found that there are few questions in the 6th section of the form (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/...s/1903073/vaf9):

6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country (including traffic offences)?

6.10 Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court?

unfortunately, the cheque bouncing followed by personal loan default is considered as a criminal offence in UAE. It is a civil issue in all other countries.

If i tick 'Yes' to these questions and explain these matters, what would be the decision on my student visa? kindly help me.

thanks.
tick the no box.

you'll be fine.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:17 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

Yes best of luck with your new venture but please dont get any credit cards etc in UK they will chase you bottom all the way back to Chandighar
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:28 pm
Banned

riyazahmd is on a distinguished road

thank you very much....

Groovychick, i have suffered a lot from credit card. I will never never think of taking another one.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:35 pm
Banned

Groovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura aboutGroovychick has a spectacular aura about

Dont worry about it these things happen. I was a terror with money back in Uni myself.

You may want to consider paying it back at some point in case you ever need to pass through Dubai or wish to visit again.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 7:26 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian with Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

Originally Posted by greenheart
Dear friends,

I am an Indian. I had worked in UAE for 3 years. Because of my credit card and bank loan defaults in the crisis two bank have charged cheque bouncing cases in UAE. Fortunately I am now in India. The whole things happened before 18 months. And now I am jobless.

(Disclaimer: I have read several ethical issues related to credit card/ loan repayment & defaults discussed in this forum. It is my bad luck that i could not repay them at time. I wish i can pay them back in the future when i get a better job. Now i would like to ask something different. It is not about the ethical part of credit card/loan repayment.)

My parents want me to study in UK for MBA. I have got an offer from a University. Can i come to UK from India for studies? is there any issue in coming to UK with my previous credit cards/ bank loans in UAE?

Thank you in advance.
The only issue will be if you need to route through Dubai to get to the UK...
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:26 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian with Bank loan/ credit card default in UAE- Needed to study in UK

Originally Posted by greenheart
Dear friends,

Thank you in advance.
I don't think it would be a problem, though I would advise you flying via the US. The last thing you want to do is fly via the Middle East and (even if it is a direct flight), find out the flight is being directed to land at Dubai, and find yourself in jail.

Don't like the fact you have to fly via the US? Well, fly via the Middle East route and woe be on you if the plane has to land in the UAE.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

deedikanchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I don't think it would be a problem, though I would advise you flying via the US. The last thing you want to do is fly via the Middle East and (even if it is a direct flight), find out the flight is being directed to land at Dubai, and find yourself in jail.

Don't like the fact you have to fly via the US? Well, fly via the Middle East route and woe be on you if the plane has to land in the UAE.
gosh! do you mean the uae authority will force the flight in the sky to land in dubai for catching someone among the travellers? impossible!

it may be happened if the flight has got some technical issues and compelled to land half the way in uae. am i right?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deedikanchan
gosh! do you mean the uae authority will force the flight in the sky to land in dubai for catching someone among the travellers? impossible!

it may be happened if the flight has got some technical issues and compelled to land half the way in uae. am i right?

I assume your first sentance is supposed to be humour?

There is always a possibility that a flight may have to make an unscheduled stop in Dubai and then the problems start.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

deedikanchan is an unknown quantity at this point

alternatively there are connection flights which are more safe. for example, turkish airlines from mumbai (bombay)-istambul and istambul-london. rare chance of nightmares of an unexpected landing in uae.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Mafi Mushkla,

no problems with entering UK. Lie on the application forms. Everyone in UK immigration and in the Uni's is Indian these days so you will get a definite approval

Take out lots of credit cards over your studies, paying each off with the other then adding some each time. If you are studious with your financial management then you should be able to ruck up a fair old sum and then board the plane back to TRV with your masters, a rolex and some debt. No one will chase you to India for debts from the UK

Just remember not to fly through Dubai or London when travelling again

Good luck and enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.