Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bank fees 4+ years

Bank fees 4+ years

Old Nov 2nd 2019, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

smallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to all
Default Bank fees 4+ years

Left AUH 4+ years ago. Bonus paid late so account retained as open and abstracted via overseas cash machines.
Lost contact with account since but mindful of AED20 per month charge that was habitually deducted.
Attending meeting back in AUH next month, what are the chances of bad things happening at the airport?
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank fees 4+ years

Highly unlikely, run a police check yourself via the dubai police's website (I think it's called a good conduct certificate). It's a ball ache but it can be done, failing that give someone a Power of Attorney to do it in AUH on your behalf. Failing that use these guys.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

smallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to allsmallpiff is a name known to all

Thanks, this is an Abu Dhabi based issue, not Dubai.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smallpiff
Thanks, this is an Abu Dhabi based issue, not Dubai.
Doesn't matter, it uses the same database.
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I now understand that now thanks. I have lodged a request for an electronic certificate of good conduct. I hope they can send one pronto.
The nail-biter is that I am landing on Tuesday evening. I shall likely board the plane without knowing my fate.....
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Let us know how you get on.

It's valuable info for other people in the same situation.
Old Nov 9th 2019, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Came and went. Company PRO sponsored search done in half a day beforehand. No issues - on file or at the border. My bank account had been removed from the system,.Sum of money contained at that point unknown, but suspect would be a minor negative (coin sized).

Hope this helps others but, as always, remember that precedent doesn't always work.