British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/bank-abu-dhabi-package-606403/)

hyperguy Apr 30th 2009 12:07 pm

Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
Hi all,

Could someone kindly advise on what a reasonable package would be for a mid-level banking role (10 years experience) in Abu Dhabi?

I am currently in negotiations and I have a feeling they are trying to low-ball me.

Grace O Malley Apr 30th 2009 1:53 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by hyperguy (Post 7529177)
Hi all,

Could someone kindly advise on what a reasonable package would be for a mid-level banking role (10 years experience) in Abu Dhabi?

I am currently in negotiations and I have a feeling they are trying to low-ball me.

Position? Department? Might help!

lionheart Apr 30th 2009 1:59 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
Sorry but I thought the ME Job Discussions Forum was for topics like this.

hyperguy Apr 30th 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
Sorry the department is Financial Reporting. Essentially it involves analysis and implementation of accounting rules, processes and systems.

shakh your bootie Apr 30th 2009 2:07 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7529470)
Sorry but I thought the ME Job Discussions Forum was for topics like this.

Give the guy a break - he's new here.

Hyperguy, I can't help it isn't my industry. IndieG is the poster in the know - I'm sure she'll give you an answer.

Grace O Malley Apr 30th 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7529470)
Sorry but I thought the ME Job Discussions Forum was for topics like this.

ah LH for gods sake, does it really bother you

Grace O Malley Apr 30th 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by hyperguy (Post 7529473)
Sorry the department is Financial Reporting. Essentially it involves analysis and implementation of accounting rules, processes and systems.

As Sheikhy said Indie will be able to help as she in banking, be mindful that salaries do differ between AD and Dubai.

Is it a local or Int Bank?

hyperguy Apr 30th 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
It is a local bank. I figured salaries may differ between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Thanks

Grace O Malley Apr 30th 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by hyperguy (Post 7529599)
It is a local bank. I figured salaries may differ between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Thanks

Have they mentioned housing and schooling allowances, these are crucial !

hyperguy Apr 30th 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
I do not have any children so schooling is not an issue. What they indicated verbally is that it is the total cash compensation. There was no mention of housing.

commander Apr 30th 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by hyperguy (Post 7529615)
I do not have any children so schooling is not an issue. What they indicated verbally is that it is the total cash compensation. There was no mention of housing.

then please take into account that the house prices in AD have not plummeted the same as Dubai..

good luck

hyperguy May 1st 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
Is housing in AD really 250K AED and upwards? I have been browsing the web for property rentals sites, however, there is not much out there. There definitely seems to be more availability in Dubai.

shakh your bootie May 1st 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 

Originally Posted by hyperguy (Post 7532518)
Is housing in AD really 250K AED and upwards? I have been browsing the web for property rentals sites, however, there is not much out there. There definitely seems to be more availability in Dubai.

Abu Dhabi is an island and, although they have started reclamation projects and building inland projects, there is less availability of desirable property compared with dubai.

You may find lower-rent places, but they would tend to be in non-expat areas and really not very nice. When I left, you could get a nice 2 bed on the corniche for around 150K DH pa - others should be able to confirm if that's still the case.

hyperguy May 2nd 2009 5:06 am

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
Anyone work in AD and live in Dubai?

kaz lou abu dhabi May 2nd 2009 5:09 am

Re: Bank / Abu Dhabi / Package
 
There are a few people that i work with that do the Dubai / Abu Dhabi run daily, if you live marina area it takes approx 1hr 15 mins. The office is mid island.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:38 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.