British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Ban after resigning (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ban-after-resigning-477336/)

muhammak Aug 28th 2007 6:40 am

Ban after resigning

Hi All,
Does anyone know under what cercumstances an employer can put a ban (6 months or one year) if someone resigns. What are the rules in DIC or free zone areas?

sharing any experinces would be appreciated.

Regards

Blue Cat Aug 28th 2007 7:12 am

Re: Ban after resigning

http://www.gulfnews.com/uae/uaessent.../10104790.html

this might help :thumbup:

Inselaffen Aug 28th 2007 7:28 am

Originally Posted by muhammak (Post 5243004)
Hi All,
Does anyone know under what cercumstances an employer can put a ban (6 months or one year) if someone resigns. What are the rules in DIC or free zone areas?

Regards

Free zones do not come under the Labour Department therefore a ban does not apply to them. From what I understand though if you are moving within the same Freezone that Freezone may refuse to give you another visa (but I'm not sure on that)

I worked outside the Freezones for my first job,which I left before the 12 months was up, but my new job is a Freezone (DMCC) company and my new Visa is currently being processed without any problems.

jebelaligardener Aug 28th 2007 7:59 am

Within JAFZA a ban is only be placed upon request by the employer with supporting documents. Something along the lines of fraud etc. Leaving after 6 months is not sufficient reason.

There is no automatic ban for working less than 1yr or whatever the minimum term is in Dubai. Transfer to another employer within the same freezone does require the end of service paper from your old employer and the original offer letter from your new employer, and your passport to be submitted to JAFZA Administration to transfer the employment.

muhammak Aug 28th 2007 8:13 am

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
Instead of transfer of the sponsorship, if I just get it cancelled, leave the country and then come back again on new visa within lets say 2-3 weeks. Is this possible?

Regards,

Inselaffen Aug 28th 2007 8:18 am

Originally Posted by muhammak (Post 5243311)
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
Instead of transfer of the sponsorship, if I just get it cancelled, leave the country and then come back again on new visa within lets say 2-3 weeks. Is this possible?

Regards,

that seems to be the process. You get your old company to cancel your visa. exit the country returning on a visit visa (even on same day) and then get your new company to apply for your new visa.

I had no problems with Immigration when I cam back. Just told them my new work visa was under process. It was actually the airline staff at Heathrow who asked more questions because my return flight would have been after a Visit Visa expired.

muhammak Aug 28th 2007 8:24 am

But I heard that a no objection certificate (NOC) from old employer is required in order to avoid the ban in both cases i.e. transfer or cancellation. Did you get the NOC?

Miss Eck Aug 28th 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by muhammak (Post 5243352)
But I heard that a no objection certificate (NOC) from old employer is required in order to avoid the ban in both cases i.e. transfer or cancellation. Did you get the NOC?

I heard yesterday that if you have completed at least a year's service then a ban cannot be placed on you. I think when you are in the freezone you are exempt from the ban. I will dig out a number for DIC and send it to you shortly so you can get the most up to date info.

Paidtoplease Aug 28th 2007 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5243112)

In the Gulf news ''ASK the Law'' there is a couple of questions re this

Miss Eck Aug 28th 2007 8:47 am

Originally Posted by muhammak (Post 5243004)
Hi All,

Regards

Here is the number to call

DIC: 04 391 1111

Hope you get good news. Let us know the outcome.

muhammak Aug 28th 2007 9:58 am

Hi,
I just called the number and they confirmed that there is no ban in tecom zone.

Can someone also confirm this?

Regards,

Inselaffen Aug 28th 2007 10:34 am

Originally Posted by muhammak (Post 5243701)
Hi,
I just called the number and they confirmed that there is no ban in tecom zone.

Can someone also confirm this?

Regards,

the ban is from the Labour Dept if you were working outside a Freezone. The Labour Dept has nothing to do with Free Zone visa's. You have no problem!

jebelaligardener Aug 28th 2007 10:50 am

I do not recommend referring to Gulf News "Ask the Law" - have noticed that he doesnt answer the questions very well - very vague answers. Also bear in mind that different circumstances can mean different outcomes, even if it is only a seemingly minor difference (like the local partner works in the Labour Dept!).

Paidtoplease Aug 28th 2007 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener (Post 5243885)
I do not recommend referring to Gulf News "Ask the Law" - have noticed that he doesnt answer the questions very well - very vague answers. Also bear in mind that different circumstances can mean different outcomes, even if it is only a seemingly minor difference (like the local partner works in the Labour Dept!).

Hmmm yes often I have to read it a couple of time to try and get the jist of the answer..just thought maybe it had some useful info as I have not idea re the answer to the question.

Cham128 Aug 28th 2007 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5243823)
the ban is from the Labour Dept if you were working outside a Freezone. The Labour Dept has nothing to do with Free Zone visa's. You have no problem!

so in general is it better to get a job in a freezone?