Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Yes - unofficially until about 3 hours ago.
3 years in Dubai and it's time to leave. Couldn't bring myself to paying nigh on 100,000dhs for a 1bdrm apartment in barsha with a view of another building 3 feet away when (hopefully) for that sort of cash i'll be in a nice villa near the sea with a boat and a beer or two.
No date as yet but before month end certainly.

Another house party might be on the cards or at least beers somewhere before I go.
Update: I got my villa on a nice canal connected to the sea. Expensive by Bahrain prices but dirt cheap by Dubai prices so the dream is becoming reality. When I get my boat I can park it within 8 feet of my lounge......
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:50 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I got my villa on a nice canal connected to the sea. Expensive by Bahrain prices but dirt cheap by Dubai prices so the dream is becoming reality. When I get my boat I can park it within 8 feet of my lounge......
Great ... so the next BE party will be on your boat then!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:03 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

what are the rental prices out there... ?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
what are the rental prices out there... ?
`

Paying 90,000dhs excl bills for a new 2 bdrm villa all furnished except bdrms which has a terrace, a balcony upstairs, a small garden and lawn which in turn leads to the canal wall with boat mooring.
There was a 3bdrm +maids room 2 storey villa for 500dhs a month less with the boat mooring and a shared swimming pool but the kitchen in that was insanely small so we passed.

You can get a fully furnished 4 bedroom (huge rooms) apartment in the center of town with all bills paid and internet, sat tv included for around 8000dhs per month and these are very nice apartments.

Villas in compounds (varies between 10 -40 villas sharing the same compund) with pool, tennis court, gym etc and 3 or 4 bdrm villas were about 95k for the older ones (4 years old). They weren't that nice though and frankly just too big if you don't have kids.

Those were the nicer ones and expats at work have 3bdrm villas for 60,000dhs a year apparently though not sure what standard that would be.
If you're single or a young couple you can live in a barsha type 1 bdrm apartment for half the dubai prices.
We're effectively renting a villa on the palm for the cost of that barsha rubbish (that might be an overstatement but it's still damn nice!)
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

and don't get me started on the traffic!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:46 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

traffic? are you saying we have a traffic problem here in Dubai?
Anyway, I am off to look for a job in bahrain...
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:47 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

So.........you selling the pool table??
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
So.........you selling the pool table??
The cheaper villa would have accommodated the pool table nicely and since I don't / won't / can't cook the small kitchen didn't bother me.
But the missus (as always) had other ideas and the villa we have won't accommodate the pool table.

So it's up for grabs....make an offer.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Lucky you Jeeper, Which Jeep u drive
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:07 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jeeper;4883175]Crickey - mine was 4,500 new[QUOTE]

2,500 ??
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SAMS
Lucky you Jeeper, Which Jeep u drive
Had a shitty old '97 wrangler sport when I adopted the name....then sold that and bought a 2006 one last year which I sold a month or so ago....am now in a hire car
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

[quote=Jammy_Dodgers;4898930][quote=Jeeper;4883175]Crickey - mine was 4,500 new

2,500 ??

Sold if you sort out the removal of it?
It cost me 600dhs to get it assembled by knightshot staff.....we can probably pull it apart ourselves and you may well be able to re-build it yourself or you might want to get them to just sort the whole thing out.

I'm sure the lads in the flat won't mind it staying there until you're in a position to take it.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:53 am
Up in the air

[QUOTE=Jeeper;4899008][quote=Jammy_Dodgers;4898930]
Crickey - mine was 4,500 new

It cost me 600dhs to get it assembled by knightshot staff.....we can probably pull it apart ourselves and you may well be able to re-build it yourself or you might want to get them to just sort the whole thing out.

I'm sure the lads in the flat won't mind it staying there until you're in a position to take it.
No worries.... will be able to confirm tonight/tomorrow once i have spoken to the collective.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:22 am
W10

[QUOTE=Jeeper;4899008][quote=Jammy_Dodgers;4898930]
Crickey - mine was 4,500 new

I thought we were going to buy it?

Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:29 am
Up in the air

[QUOTE=W10;4902828][QUOTE=Jeeper;4899008]
Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

I thought we were going to buy it?
That fine then.............BUT if you dont, i'll buy it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.