Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Anyone know if there's a place in Bahrain that sells pool tables.
Am considering taking mine with me but need a pool table assembly dude to put it together.

and is there a UAE style internet proxy blocker thing in Bahrain?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:13 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain Pool Table and Proxy

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Am considering taking mine with me but need a pool table assembly dude to put it together.

There wasn't a proxy last year, but ADSL is pricey.

Pools tables - there is a place near to the British Club, sports shop on corner of main road. They had a good selection in last time I was there.

Sorry, I'm crap with directions and road names.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:15 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

You moving to Bahrain??
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
You moving to Bahrain??
Yes - unofficially until about 3 hours ago.
3 years in Dubai and it's time to leave. Couldn't bring myself to paying nigh on 100,000dhs for a 1bdrm apartment in barsha with a view of another building 3 feet away when (hopefully) for that sort of cash i'll be in a nice villa near the sea with a boat and a beer or two.
No date as yet but before month end certainly.

Another house party might be on the cards or at least beers somewhere before I go.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:27 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

3 years in Dubai and it's time to leave. Couldn't bring myself to paying nigh on 100,000dhs for a 1bdrm apartment in barsha with a view of another building 3 feet away when (hopefully) for that sort of cash i'll be in a nice villa near the sea with a boat and a beer or two.

Another house party might be on the cards or at least beers somewhere before I go.
Sounds like a plan.!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with that,K...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

are rents that much cheaper in Bahrain then?? Good Luck Jeeper looks like we will never meet and I was going to ask you to show me how to use the 4 wheel drive thing on my car! never used it yet!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:48 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with your move...keep us updated...
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Know someone who's got a company that sells them, will try and get the contact details for you tomorrow. Not sure price wise though..

Am here in the sandpit so if you need anything, just whistle!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

yeh, we have roads here too now, big cous' Dubai down the road told us how to make 'em so we just decided to try it!!

Yes Bahrain is a bit of a little cousin compared to Dubai but we do have the majority of things, although not much of selection at times, but we get by
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:37 pm
Up in the air

Let me know if you want to sell your table Jeeper!

Rgds
JD
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by camel jockey
yeh, we have roads here too now, big cous' Dubai down the road told us how to make 'em so we just decided to try it!!
That's what i'm going there for......stuffed up dubai's roads now i'm going to do the same in bahrain.

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Know someone who's got a company that sells them, will try and get the contact details for you tomorrow. Not sure price wise though..

Am here in the sandpit so if you need anything, just whistle!
Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:01 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine teaches snooker in Bahrain...I just emailed him and am awaiting his response.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

OK my friends tells me they range from around 15-30K AED but there are cheaper ones available which are not recommended.

He can arrange one for you when you get over if you like - pass me you email and I'll forward it to him.

N.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
OK my friends tells me they range from around 15-30K AED but there are cheaper ones available which are not recommended.

He can arrange one for you when you get over if you like - pass me you email and I'll forward it to him.

N.
Crickey - mine was 4,500 new and is perfectly fine. Was reduced from 9k though.

Anyway - was looking for an assembly dude but I assume if they sell them - they assemble them.
Will PM my details.

Many thanks.

P.S. Missus is telling me i'm not allowed to take the pool table with me. Personally I don't see the problem in turning the bedroom into a bar/poolroom and sleeping on the fold out couch.

Chicks eh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.