Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain Multi entry exit visas and the causeway

Bahrain Multi entry exit visas and the causeway

Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain Multi entry exit visas and the causeway

Just a warning to any of you that have 28 day multi entry exit visa's from Bahrain and have been going along saudi causeway to no mans land, exiting Bahrain and u turning and coming back in (i.e., not entering Saudi)

We have done this before but upon attempting to do it on Friday were refused. Told the rules have changed and unless we actually entered Saudi then they could not renew the Bahrain visa. Took some persuading to get them to cancel the exit from Bahrain and let us back in.

Looks like it will now have to be Dubai/Qatar every 28 days until we can get Saudi visa's - :frown

Wont tell you the story of us going to immigration today and discovering what visa is actually in our passports!!!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain Multi entry exit visas and the causeway

Originally Posted by scottrace
Just a warning to any of you that have 28 day multi entry exit visa's from Bahrain and have been going along saudi causeway to no mans land, exiting Bahrain and u turning and coming back in (i.e., not entering Saudi)

We have done this before but upon attempting to do it on Friday were refused. Told the rules have changed and unless we actually entered Saudi then they could not renew the Bahrain visa. Took some persuading to get them to cancel the exit from Bahrain and let us back in.

Looks like it will now have to be Dubai/Qatar every 28 days until we can get Saudi visa's - :frown

Wont tell you the story of us going to immigration today and discovering what visa is actually in our passports!!!
We had the same thing on Friday, Go on do tell about your visa's. I am off to immigration tomorrow...
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace

Hi Trace, if you do a Dubai run or Doha run then you will get 3 months inshallah so less of a hassle.

Not sure about Scott. If he is from the North East; I think they are getting 2 weeks maximum
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Hi Trace, if you do a Dubai run or Doha run then you will get 3 months inshallah so less of a hassle.

Not sure about Scott. If he is from the North East; I think they are getting 2 weeks maximum
We have a 28 days multi entry exit so not sure they will give us 3 months on next exit and lol about Scott but he has an Iquama so no problems for him!!
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leesk
We had the same thing on Friday, Go on do tell about your visa's. I am off to immigration tomorrow...
Oh rubbish for you although am kind of glad they werent just picking on me!!!

We went to Immigration yesterday and they were happy to extend by 28 days (no longer) but when they put the information onto the computer someone has put our exit date as the expiry date on our passports - so we now all have in excess of 5 year visas

We do need to get it sorted as am sure it will cause problems but after waiting for 3 hours and seeing about 10 different people and then being told the guy we wanted to see wouldnt be in til 3 we kind of gave up. After being assured we are not illegal and "hey you are British dont worry!" we left. Looks like we will need to go back next week tho
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

So, would you suggest we go to the effort to be included on my husband's iqama before arriving into Bahrain, even if it means residing in Saudi for a week or two?

He already has his iqama. Will doing so negate future "visa runs" for us from Bahrain?

Last edited by Work Widow; Jul 2nd 2012 at 11:52 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Work Widow
So, would you suggest we go to the effort to be included on my husband's iqama before arriving into Bahrain, even if it means residing in Saudi for a week or two?

He already has his iqama. Will doing so negate future "visa runs" for us from Bahrain?
That might be an idea or alternatively if his company will agree you can get residency in Bahrain on the "back" of an Iqama. The company has to provide a letter of no objection and there is the cost but if you are being sponsored as a family that shouldnt be a problem (for us company couldnt give a damn so we cant do it!) - the company should have a broker who can organise it for you or if not we have the details of some who are supposed to be good.

Alternatively, you can come in on the 3 month tourist visa to start with and take it from there - Immigration suggested to us yesterday we should have stuck with that! So much for us trying to play by the rules and stop pretending we are tourists but hey its the Middle East!

Last edited by scottrace; Jul 2nd 2012 at 12:21 pm. Reason: adding to post