Bahrain move

Old Apr 21st 2014, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain move

Regarding baby no 2 on the way. Get yourself booked into the BAPCO hospital for the delivery. Mini Tock no2 was delivered there and the experience was a thousand times better than we experienced with Mini Tock No1 who was eventually delivered in the UK.
Awesome materinity unit, great doctors (South Africans) and nurses (English, Ozzie and Irish).

I travel back to Bahrain monthly and it has a very unique feel which if you choose the right place to live, you will enjoy. St Chris is awesome by the
way

If you will be travelling back to the UK and you live Down south then its an easy direct stressfree flight. If you are fortunate to live up North then its slightly more of a pain in the arse as you need a transfer and the quick 7 hours home generally turns into 12 via Dubai, Doha or Abu Dhabi or somewhere in Europe via KLM, Lufthansa.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain move

I only managed to live in Bahrain for a year, as my Saudi iqama couldn't be processed (I was unlucky enough to be working in KSA), but I have to say that I found Bahrain very enjoyable. I didn't have kids and schools to contend with so that's an extra consideration for you, but I'm actively looking to return if I can find suitable employment there. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited by Brit.Loz; Apr 24th 2014 at 3:41 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Bahrain

Originally Posted by redShark
There does exist this stigma about the Indians in the Gulf in general, but once they know that you are from the west they will adjust to that. Mind you Bahrain is a far cry from Dubai in terms of family life. Good luck any way
Yes, it's much better.