Bahrain Living

Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Jam 78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bahrain Living

Hey,

New to forum, would be grateful if someone could provide average monthly costs for a family of 4 living in Bahrain (children aged 1 and 4): -

Rent for furnished 3-bed apt/villa
Utilities
Car Rental
Petrol
Food
School Fees (for one child)
Healthcare
Any other monthly expenses

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:53 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain Living

Originally Posted by Jam 78
Hey,

New to forum, would be grateful if someone could provide average monthly costs for a family of 4 living in Bahrain (children aged 1 and 4): -

Utilities
Car Rental
Petrol
Food
Healthcare

Thanks in advance.
It's nearly 3 years since we lived there, so prices will have changed, Google 'Gulf Daily News Bahrain', they have a classified section which will give you an idea of housing rental.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,

Had a look and was able to get info on rents and car prices. Do you know where I could get info on the rest and generally how did you enjoy your time in Bahrain?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

t19hlr will become famous soon enought19hlr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jam 78
Hey,

Utilities
Car Rental
Petrol
Food
Healthcare

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I've sent you a message, hope it helps.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by t19hlr
Hi,
I've sent you a message, hope it helps.
Thanks t19hlr.

Apparantly you need 3 posts in order to read private message - this is number 3 for me!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone advise roughly what level of salary/package a Senior Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) should expect to secure in Bahrain.

Ta
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:25 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

i have moved to Bahrain in May 2008 from Dubai. I like it here much better. It hasnt got the glitz of Dubai but certainly the quality of living is good. Some new shopping malls and all major facilities. Not such a rat race as Dubai, really glad I made the move. People friendly. Good place for families. Link below quite useful

http://thebahrainpropertysite.com/index.html
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

juliecolan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband and I are looking to move to the UAE. However, we are unsure which emirate is the best in terms of living and work. We are both 29 and currently live in England.
Any information and advice welcomed
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

macteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nice

Originally Posted by juliecolan
Hi,

My husband and I are looking to move to the UAE. However, we are unsure which emirate is the best in terms of living and work. We are both 29 and currently live in England.
Any information and advice welcomed
Julie- Bahrain is a different Gulf country to the UAE. There's heaps of information on the board if you take a few minutes to have a look....

Perhaps Google Maps would be helpful to you also...