Reload this Page >

Bahrain ideal car?

Bahrain ideal car?

Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

costacofy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain ideal car?

Hi All,

Due to relocation to Bahrain, I will need a car rental for the first month then shop around for a good car for sale, budget is up to BHD 4000.

Can anyone with specific Bahrain country knowledge advice a good value for money car rental for around 200 BHD pcm?

In case of buying own car later on, I saw many people are suggesting land rover? Would you recommend the 2005 Land Rover Freelander in Bahrain? what are the pros and cons?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:23 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bahrain ideal car?

Originally Posted by costacofy
Hi All,

Due to relocation to Bahrain, I will need a rental car for the first month and then shop around for a good car for sale, budget is up to BHD 4000.

Can anyone with specific Bahrain country knowledge advise a good value for money rental car for around 200 BHD pcm?

In case of buying own car later on, I saw many people are suggesting land rover? Would you recommend the 2005 Land Rover Freelander in Bahrain? what are the pros and cons?
I tell you what, I really can't be bothered.

But yes, buy a Land Rover, they're great cars, never go wrong, easily serviced, brilliant off-road. In fact they're getting so rare in Bahrain you'll probably be able to sell it for more than you bought it for in a couple of years time.

Sound decision.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:57 am
UK

RJB123 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are lots of car hire places that should be able to rent you something like a Nissan Tida or a Toyota Yaris for about BD150 a month. Just view the car before you sign up for it as the condition varies considerably.

With regards to Landrover ownership then I wouldn't recommend it. I used to be a loyal Landrover customer but switched to Japanese 4x4 many years back as they are so much more reliable. Not a lot of opportunity for off roading in Bahrain these days so you are unlikely to need anything with serious off road capabilities. Would look for something like the Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Fortuner or if you can get away with something smaller the Honda CRV.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

DXB13 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to mingle with the locals, buy the largest Toyota 4WD you can afford.

And white.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXB13
If you want to mingle with the locals, buy the largest Toyota 4WD you can afford.

And white.
And drive it like a ****ing w*****
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:13 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget the tints, and the spinning CD
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

A pimpin 1994 Lincoln Town Car
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I would say a rangerover but I am biased.

If you want a truly authentic Bahrain/Saudi experience that is bullet proof and reliable then it has to be a ford crown Victoria. Big lazy V8 saloon car with column change. If you break one of these then you really shouldn't be driving. They can run up huge mileages with huge abuse.
Big bench seat so your Thai or flipper can blow you off as you drive without anyone seeing
Huge boot for hiding dead bodies

Amazing survivability even in hideous accidents with buildings and burbans

Go past the international hospital then bear left into jid haffs at the split for sehla. About a k down the road on the right are loads of slimy car dealers specializing in 4k cars. Halve what they say as you will have newbie landed expat written all over you
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

alainboujawdeh is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a freelander 2004 for sale if you r interested reply to me
regards
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
A pimpin 1994 Lincoln Town Car
exactly.

Bahrain isn't the land of the 4x4. Get a big ass salon and cruise it out.