Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain househunting - now I am getting pissed off....

Bahrain househunting - now I am getting pissed off....

Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

LostInBahrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain househunting - now I am getting pissed off....

Been looking for ages, specifically in Amwaj and Aldiya/Mahooz, anyone have good names for real estate agents, was out with one agent last weekend and wanted to die as the apartments he was showing me were awful....

Thanks in advance....
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Meir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain househunting - now I am getting pissed off....

Originally Posted by LostInBahrain
Been looking for ages, specifically in Amwaj and Aldiya/Mahooz, anyone have good names for real estate agents, was out with one agent last weekend and wanted to die as the apartments he was showing me were awful....

Thanks in advance....
Hi - I don't live in Bharain but have fond that the Amerian Womens Guild are usually well estabilshed they usually have good connections and will be happy to help.May be worth finding your local group. Just a suggestion - good luck.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

By the way what is Budaiya like?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meir
Hi - I don't live in Bharain but have fond that the Amerian Womens Guild are usually well estabilshed they usually have good connections and will be happy to help.May be worth finding your local group. Just a suggestion - good luck.
That is actually a really good idea, was looking at a womens forum for the area and they have all sorts of info....
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Meir is an unknown quantity at this point

That is actually a really good idea, was looking at a womens forum for the area and they have all sorts of info....
Glad this is useful - they are usually a nice bunch
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:23 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

By the way what is Budaiya like?
Budaiya is OK. Good access to Seef via the motorway. 2 good expat clubs, the Dilmon and the rugby club. Good supermarkets, Al-Osra and Al-Jazirah sell bacon!,
a good cinema. Stay out of the villages though.

Re rents, they will come down at end of summer school term.

My ar*ehole of a landlord bunged mine up by 50% last month. Apparantly all are doing this before the collapse comes.

I know a lot of guys who cannot afford the rents and will be moving on end of school term for their kids.

It has already started as a BD 1,500 average compound beside us is now empty bar 1.

Good luck.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Cant remember this womans name but can tell you where to find her. Head down to the Brit club on any weekend and look at the pool side for a good looking mid40's woman with a couple of kids running riot. She has a Scottish accent and a Gulf air pilot husband and on the two occassions I was looking she always pulled some great places out of the bag.
All the guys in the sports bar and the waiters will know who I am on about so dont worry about using the description above
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Cant remember this womans name but can tell you where to find her. Head down to the Brit club on any weekend and look at the pool side for a good looking mid40's woman with a couple of kids running riot. She has a Scottish accent and a Gulf air pilot husband and on the two occassions I was looking she always pulled some great places out of the bag.
All the guys in the sports bar and the waiters will know who I am on about so dont worry about using the description above
Cheers, was actually looking at one of those new villas that overlooks the BC and probably saw her at the pool side
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

They were still finishing them when I left and had visions of the ones overlooking the pool being taken by Sodis. Its a nice location tho and handy for the club.
Cant believe they are raising rent prices, sheer greed as usual. I was looking at a complex just over Sitra bridge on the right. They were quite old but big. In the end I stayed in Mahooz in an apartment. Far better than Juffair.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Her name is Di.. really nice chick, her husband is a riot as well..

Also try Kelly from Extreme Real Estate.. will PM her number to you.

Good luck!
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Her name is Di.. really nice chick, her husband is a riot as well..

Also try Kelly from Extreme Real Estate.. will PM her number to you.

Good luck!
Cheers fella, much appreciated, was speaking to some girl called Fiona from BahrainFreeHoldProperties as well, not sure what to think as the website looks very dodgy.

Next on the list is to find a decent car, my rental is awful....
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lmao,
knew the description of Di would identify her to someone. Bahrain was great for 1980's Chevy Caprices.
Everything gets trashed in Manama car wise, dont spend too much on one hey
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Don't worry about websites, Bahrain just doesn't do them well - for anything!

It seems to be a low priority for some reason here, good luck with your search and hope you find something soon!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:06 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

I would suggest leasing a car..and pay the 20bhd extra a month for diplomatic clause..
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

macteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nicemacteepee is just really nice

FYI - a colleague has seen several places at Amwaj F/F 2Bdrm for 700BD. None include housekeeping, but most include pay tv, water, electricity, gas; some you have to pay extra for internet + gym.

He looked at some with agents, but eventually just went looking around by himself; as he saw so many new places sitting empty he didn't want to offer more than 700BD.....

Also, another agent told me of some 'nicely furnished' places becoming available in Mahooz, starting at 450BD.

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.