Reload this Page >

Bahrain cost of living

Bahrain cost of living

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

jimhurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain cost of living

Mornin Posters,

I'm moving to Bahrain and am interested on your views regards the local cost of living.

I will have a fully expensed villa and car, so no real outgoing there with the exception of internet, satalite TV and phone and supermarket bills

Also, I will be there with my wife and we like to go out at least one night a week for dinner (something like Tader vics) and then for a few beers one other night.

We aren't big spenders and are there to save but we like good quality food.

Whats your approx monthly expenditure and how does a figure of about 600 BD look for mine?

Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all
Default Re: Bahrain cost of living

Originally Posted by jimhurt
Mornin Posters,

I'm moving to Bahrain and am interested on your views regards the local cost of living.

I will have a fully expensed villa and car, so no real outgoing there with the exception of internet, satalite TV and phone and supermarket bills

Also, I will be there with my wife and we like to go out at least one night a week for dinner (something like Tader vics) and then for a few beers one other night.

We aren't big spenders and are there to save but we like good quality food.

Whats your approx monthly expenditure and how does a figure of about 600 BD look for mine?

Cheers
Internet say BD25 (I download a lot though!)
Satellite say BD30 (you could always get a cheaper package but hubby needs ALL the sports channels!)
Phone for both of you BD80 (I think I saw that you maybe were commuting to KSA - you will have to pay roaming charges there)
Supermarket - depends on which ones you go to? Alosra & Waitrose are obviously more expensive then say Lulu or Geant.. perhaps BD250? Once you know the lay of the land though you can cut this down greatly (ie. Great little Asian Supermarkets where you get cheap veges etc.)

This leaves just shy of BD300.. a meal for 2 would be around BD50 at Traders with a couple of drinks..

You should be okay with this.. ideally what I would do is see what your first month is like and what you feel suits your needs best and budget from there..
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

jimhurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain cost of living

Thanks again 300BD on living costs and 300 on fun looks about right to me.

Cheers