Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:21 pm
Ethan

EthanB will become famous soon enough
Default Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Hey guys, I'm in Bahrain for the weekend and my car is acting up - I'm pretty confident I know what it is, but I don't have the tools to do the work.

Does anybody know a good mechanic that could replace a vehicle speed sensor on a 2005 chevy tahoe 4x4? Preferably one that makes house calls?

I'd really appreciate the info!

Thanks,
Ethan
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Originally Posted by EthanB
Hey guys, I'm in Bahrain for the weekend and my car is acting up - I'm pretty confident I know what it is, but I don't have the tools to do the work.

Does anybody know a good mechanic that could replace a vehicle speed sensor on a 2005 chevy tahoe 4x4? Preferably one that makes house calls?

Thanks,
Ethan
Time to sell the Chevy Ethan... at least it's not the 4x4 box again
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Ethan
Head to the row of mechanics near to the Camel Farm in Janabiyah. Look for the "Janabiyah Gardens" compund and it's next door. I use the one on the corner closest to the row of shops and "Panache" hairdressers, they came recommended and have never let me down or overcharged.

Good luck...
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:51 am
Ethan

EthanB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Head to the row of mechanics near to the Camel Farm in Janabiyah. Look for the "Janabiyah Gardens" compund and it's next door. I use the one on the corner closest to the row of shops and "Panache" hairdressers, they came recommended and have never let me down or overcharged.

Good luck...
Thanks so much, Ronnie. Not sure I'll be able to find that place, but I'll try.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much, Ronnie. Not sure I'll be able to find that place, but I'll try.
Which way are you coming from? If you can find Saar Cinema on Avenue 35 you just follow the road up towards Janabiyah and the row of mechanics is at the top. Ask anyone locally for directions to the Camel Farm and they'll know where to point you....

Good luck