British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/bahrain-cheap-auto-mechanic-754710/)

EthanB Apr 12th 2012 10:21 pm

Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Hey guys, I'm in Bahrain for the weekend and my car is acting up - I'm pretty confident I know what it is, but I don't have the tools to do the work.

Does anybody know a good mechanic that could replace a vehicle speed sensor on a 2005 chevy tahoe 4x4? Preferably one that makes house calls?

I'd really appreciate the info!

Thanks,
Ethan

Millhouse Apr 13th 2012 4:22 am

Re: Bahrain: Cheap Auto Mechanic

Originally Posted by EthanB (Post 10002987)
Hey guys, I'm in Bahrain for the weekend and my car is acting up - I'm pretty confident I know what it is, but I don't have the tools to do the work.

Does anybody know a good mechanic that could replace a vehicle speed sensor on a 2005 chevy tahoe 4x4? Preferably one that makes house calls?

Thanks,
Ethan

Time to sell the Chevy Ethan... at least it's not the 4x4 box again :)

Ronnie Biggs Apr 13th 2012 7:12 am

Originally Posted by EthanB (Post 10002987)

Thanks,
Ethan

Head to the row of mechanics near to the Camel Farm in Janabiyah. Look for the "Janabiyah Gardens" compund and it's next door. I use the one on the corner closest to the row of shops and "Panache" hairdressers, they came recommended and have never let me down or overcharged.

Good luck...

EthanB Apr 13th 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 10003402)
Head to the row of mechanics near to the Camel Farm in Janabiyah. Look for the "Janabiyah Gardens" compund and it's next door. I use the one on the corner closest to the row of shops and "Panache" hairdressers, they came recommended and have never let me down or overcharged.

Good luck...

Thanks so much, Ronnie. Not sure I'll be able to find that place, but I'll try.

Ronnie Biggs Apr 13th 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by EthanB (Post 10003537)
Thanks so much, Ronnie. Not sure I'll be able to find that place, but I'll try.

Which way are you coming from? If you can find Saar Cinema on Avenue 35 you just follow the road up towards Janabiyah and the row of mechanics is at the top. Ask anyone locally for directions to the Camel Farm and they'll know where to point you....

Good luck