Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bahrain bars with no prozzies

Bahrain bars with no prozzies

Old Dec 12th 2012, 11:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain bars with no prozzies

Originally Posted by The Dean
Or judgment.............
Bit of a judgment call, really...
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

I've not been to Bahrain so can't join in with any productive comments, but just had to say I moved away from the 'other side' (EW) because of the cat fighting...... but the banter / fighting on this side of the forum fence is FAR more amusing!! Thank you all for making me chuckle this eve

PS: Praying I've spelt all of the above correctly to avoid being next in line for a blasting - oh look, there's a spell check function here!! How grown up!!

Old Dec 12th 2012, 5:33 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

JJs is probably the best. I wonder if that sleaze pit next to JJs is still open. Long ago there was a band there that really rocked but the place was stuffed with ladies 'embedded' in the hotel - Albustan was the name if I remember right. Other than that The Fiddlers Green in the Diplomat was reasonably clean but not so good as JJs. For the ultimate sleaze - the Diggers.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
JJs is probably the best. I wonder if that sleaze pit next to JJs is still open. Long ago there was a band there that really rocked but the place was stuffed with ladies 'embedded' in the hotel - Albustan was the name if I remember right. Other than that The Fiddlers Green in the Diplomat was reasonably clean but not so good as JJs. For the ultimate sleaze - the Diggers.
BJs (Barnaby Joes)... its not opened anymore as a club, they only use it for performances (ie. a big DJ or band). After the bouncer was shot there no one ever went back really. The Al Bustan had that little 'coffee shop' where all the septics used to go and choose their 'order'..

Fiddlers is still the same, less busy than JJs but nice for an afterwork pint or three.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bahrain saudi
Hello Folks

Any ideas where I can go in Bahrain for a beer, a game of pool and a chuckle without getting acosted by shiny faced, aged Chinese hookers?
http://here.com/bahrain/manama/bar-p...4e25e88e7f5e88

Never saw any of those there..downstairs is fairly lively, couple of pool tables upstairs.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:20 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by camel jockey
BJs (Barnaby Joes)... its not opened anymore as a club, they only use it for performances (ie. a big DJ or band). After the bouncer was shot there no one ever went back really. The Al Bustan had that little 'coffee shop' where all the septics used to go and choose their 'order'..

Fiddlers is still the same, less busy than JJs but nice for an afterwork pint or three.
No, it wasn't the BJs. BJs is behind AlBustan. When you walk in AlBustan hotel lobby (not through the JJs entrance) and walk through towards JJs, instead of taking left for JJs this one was straight ahead. Usually live band band and dozens of working girls. Back in the day they were not that bad. Certainly these weren't 40+ like in Diggers these days.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camel jockey

After the bouncer was shot there no one ever went back really

I know - that was such a nuisance................
Old Dec 14th 2012, 6:33 am
Banned

bahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nicebahrain saudi is just really nice

Thanks Gents, I will try all these places out.