Bahrain!!

Old May 16th 2009, 7:09 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default Bahrain!!

Vote to ban duty free booze sales, goes to cabinet for approval.

Vote to move booze shops to hotels only, implemented immediately.

Vote to ban booze completely, goes to cabinet.

Vote to close 1 and 2 star restaurants and bars, implemented immediately.

The latest vote to stop booze in all restaurants and clubs, goes to cabinet.

Anyone know how this works? There seems to be some inconsistency. (And I'm not bashing Bahrain).
Old May 16th 2009, 7:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain!!

Originally Posted by eylesda

Anyone know how this works? There seems to be some inconsistency. (And I'm not bashing Bahrain).

you could say that
Old May 16th 2009, 8:15 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

a bit of posturing, perhaps? am guessing there will be some changes, as they'd like to clean up their reputation of being the beer & bacon zone in the gulf, but i can't believe they're in such a position as to completely shut it down. besides, how effective are the local police to enforce it? (perhaps they're behind it! squeeze the bar owners for a bit more cash! )
Old May 16th 2009, 8:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
a bit of posturing, perhaps? am guessing there will be some changes, as they'd like to clean up their reputation of being the beer & bacon zone in the gulf, but i can't believe they're in such a position as to completely shut it down. besides, how effective are the local police to enforce it? (perhaps they're behind it! squeeze the bar owners for a bit more cash! )
I would have said Dubai is the Beer and Bacon Capital of the Middle East, but I foresee changes here too.
Old May 16th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

I've lived in both.

It's Bahrain
Old May 16th 2009, 9:39 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I would have said Dubai is the Beer and Bacon Capital of the Middle East, but I foresee changes here too.
i can imagine that there are some senior clerics that are using the financial crisis as a bit of an excuse to return to the (for want of a better expression) 'family values' of islam. hence, the way to do that is to start picking away at the symbolic items and increase public conservatism (is that a word?) such as public displays of affection, dress code, booze, and pork.

nothing like wall street nose dive coupled with swine flu to allow a sensationalist view on all that is bad with 'the west'...
Old May 16th 2009, 11:54 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
I've lived in both.

It's Bahrain
I agree, though it should be renamed "Beer, Bacon and Broads" capital.
Since the hookers bars were closed down they are now canvasing door to door!

Great, home delivery pizza and p*ssy! Nothing wrong with that.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:07 pm

that'd make for an interesting conv with the missus.

w: "who's at the door, honey?"
h: "oh, just a prostitute with the pizza. shall i give her a tip?"

Old May 16th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

I think it's partly to do with the size of Dubai compared with Manama. When I was in (Bur) Dubai I never felt the week-end buzz of Saudis and US servicemen out on the town that you get in Manama - Exhibition Ave; Government Ave; Juffair;Adliya.

Manama was/is very much a party town .....or maybe I was younger then.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:53 pm
Banned

Still is a party town. The place is heaving Wednesday through Saturday, a real party atmosphere.

Driving down Exhibition avenue at night is like Ibeza, Benidorm and Blackpool all rolled into one, drunks, fights, hookers, posers, kebabs

Even better when a couple of warships are in berth.

Let's hope it stays that way.