Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BAE Systems - Sara Garden Village - Dhahran

BAE Systems - Sara Garden Village - Dhahran

Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BAE Systems - Sara Garden Village - Dhahran

Originally Posted by TheTrailingSpouse
which compound do you live on and what is better about it? Just the location? And are you a member of HHH or any running clubs?
I live on the compound called Bahrain. I'm a member of a club there, but I'd think that would be too far for you to come
Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:20 am
Just Joined

TheTrailingSpouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sicklyman
I live on the compound called Bahrain. I'm a member of a club there, but I'd think that would be too far for you to come
Ha ha! Lucky you!
Old Nov 25th 2015, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

gbevason is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been and had an interview last week and offered the job out there. Looking forward to it. Can anyone give me some insight into how life is out there.
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

er... you accepted the job before asking that question?

unless we know something about you, particularly your prior overseas experience, it's impossible to answer. If you like alcohol, you'll be in the right place.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

gbevason is an unknown quantity at this point

I obviously asked the quest but wanted it from someone on the inside with the knowledge of the place.
I don't mind a tipple now and then.
I'm ex Raf and have been to many sandy places but only spent less than a few months in each. Just wanted to know the outlay of the social aspects of things.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sounds like you'll fit in just fine as long as you can hack your social life being confined to the compound. Bahrain isn't far away if you want to stretch your legs...
Old Jan 7th 2016, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Harveyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sara Garden Village - Dhahran

Hi my husband has been offered a job and has accepted. We will be coming over in about 3 months. Can someone tell me what to expect? Is the social life good. Also are you allowed to have family visit? Any help would be most appreciated. I a bit nervous to be honest. Teresa
Old Jan 9th 2016, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck KSA folks. KSA is on the cusb of an economic revolution that will be a game changer. It will either be one of the most opportunistic times to make some serious money or lead to a revolution. Economic plan is due next week.

My money is on the latter.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Mexico123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been offered a job with BAE Systems and expect to be out there in the next couple of months. I am planning on moving my family over there with me ASAP and have been told that we are looking at anywhere between 9-12 months once I have had my acceptance to live in country. Is this time scale a true reflection?
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It may depend on your trade and your rank. I know that instructors sometimes waited for longer periods to get clearance to bring dependants.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
It may depend on your trade and your rank. I know that instructors sometimes waited for longer periods to get clearance to bring dependants.
Thats different news too what we were given, it was made to sound more like a paperwork exercise for getting spouse and children across. Am I right to think that there is only 2 bed apartments available?

I have also been told that the best school for my daughter would be the British Grammar School. On looking at the website they appear to only accept registration at certain times of the year. If this is the case this could leave my daughter missing out on schooling for a majority of that year until the next intake. Has anyone had any problems getting their children enrolled?
Old Feb 17th 2016, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

not only do they accept registration at certain times of the year but they are often full more than a year in advance of the school year you are looking at. Best to email them via their website. I don't have kids but I've had colleagues who have had trouble getting their kids enrolled, yes. Their solution has been to settle on another (aka worse) school in the meantime and put their kids on the waiting list for the school they really want.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

I have just spoken to the both international schools regarding the registration process and as it looks possibly that my daughter could end up waiting a year before getting into school, has anyone else had the same problem with their children? is there any form of home tutoring on site? Just seems to be adding another nail in the coffin already
Old Feb 21st 2016, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

this is one reason why husbands/fathers come over up to a year in advance to pave the way for the rest of the family...
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Khobarmassive is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel free to private message. Have been here for 5 years from uk.
Thanks.