Reload this Page >

Bachelor Accommodation

Bachelor Accommodation

Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

srh29563 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bachelor Accommodation

Hello everyone,

I have recently been offered a role with a company in Qatar, part of the package includes Bachelor Accommodation at present I am unaware of the location etc, at the moment Iam not married although I live with my partner in the UK and she is hoping to join me as soon as she finds suitable employment would she be able to visit me and stay in the accommodation or would it not be possible under Qatari laws.

Has anyone been in the same position ?

All positive responses would be most grateful.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bachelor Accommodation

Originally Posted by srh29563
Hello everyone,

I have recently been offered a role with a company in Qatar, part of the package includes Bachelor Accommodation at present I am unaware of the location etc, at the moment Iam not married although I live with my partner in the UK and she is hoping to join me as soon as she finds suitable employment would she be able to visit me and stay in the accommodation or would it not be possible under Qatari laws.

Has anyone been in the same position ?

All positive responses would be most grateful.
Find out what the definition of the accommodation is , is it an allowance given to you , or is it accommodation found by the company for you.You should also try and find out where 'this accommodation is located' . Doha is the not the most prettiest city and you could easily end up in a hovel and believe me there are in abundance here.

In an honest response to your partner , just get married it's a lot easier . Everything and anything you do here will need a marriage certificate . Yes , i do know people who lived together and were not married and it goes on but it's not really recommended here , it's a lot more tighter than the Emirates and you could find yourself on the wrong side of the law very quickly.

If you're married you could sponsor your wife without any problems here if not she would have to be sponsored by her prospective employer for her works visa and R.P.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Bachelor accommodation. I have only ever heard that phrase associated with shitty blocks housing TCN supervisors and very junior TCN managers and the likes
I would want full clarification on this
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

There are some lovely 'bachelor accomodation' units en route to Mesaieed.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Having had the misfortune to look at labour camps across Qatar from Ras Laffan out to Dukhan and down to Mesaiid I would have to say that some of the best were actually the Gov ones in Mesaiid itself. Doesnt say much for the rest of the country.