British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/baby-nurseries-abu-dhabi-627226/)

jamiestarr Aug 24th 2009 9:47 am

Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi

I hope someone can help please.

We have a baby girl who's 3 months on 11 Sept. We're keen to get her into a part-time nursery. It's clear that her parents are boring her (!) and she can do with the additional stimulation.

I understand that only Bright Beginnings offer facilities for babies. We've called them and apparently they have a loooong waiting list.

Does anybody else know of any other nurseries that we may consider.

All help appreciated - thanks in advance.

busybee2 Aug 24th 2009 9:52 am

Re: Baby Nurseries in Abu Dhabi

try jigsaw or first steps but i think that the majority have long waiting lists and they dont do babies. also depends on where you live, have you tried american teddy bear in kca and also little smarties in kca too.

Millhouse Aug 24th 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jamiestarr (Post 7870384)
I hope someone can help please.

We have a baby girl who's 3 months on 11 Sept. We're keen to get her into a part-time nursery. It's clear that her parents are boring her (!) and she can do with the additional stimulation.

I understand that only Bright Beginnings offer facilities for babies. We've called them and apparently they have a loooong waiting list.

Does anybody else know of any other nurseries that we may consider.

All help appreciated - thanks in advance.

Humpty Dumpty maybe able to help, but I doubt it. Otherwise I wish you good luck - you are going to need it!

busybee2 Aug 24th 2009 10:00 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 7870401)
Humpty Dumpty maybe able to help, but I doubt it. Otherwise I wish you good luck - you are going to need it!

no hd doesnt do babies any more they used to but not now and they have big waiting lists.

Chris79 Aug 24th 2009 12:28 pm

Giggles Nursery do babies as well. Might be worth giving them a call.

commander Aug 24th 2009 12:38 pm

my daughter starts stepping stones next week. she is 18 months and i believe that is the earliest they accept them??

could be wrong mind....

busybee2 Aug 24th 2009 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7870902)
my daughter starts stepping stones next week. she is 18 months and i believe that is the earliest they accept them??

could be wrong mind....

nope thats about right, only hd used to do babies but most nurseries will do when they start walking sort of age, but jigsaw do a creche so you can perhaps put the baby in their, dont know what age they start from, or you do what every one else does either get a maid, or just diy.

busybee2 Aug 24th 2009 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 7870860)
Giggles Nursery do babies as well. Might be worth giving them a call.

imho i would do a lot of research on nurseries, before going to "certain" places.

commander Aug 24th 2009 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7871322)
or just diy.

**** your kidding...expat parents look after thier own kids after 3 months..no way..thats what we all employ slaves/cleaners/trolley pushers/registered certified child carers for..

ours is 21 months old and will go for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week..

and my wife will spend this time in the gym.

happy days all round..

but for a 3 month?? sweet jesus..

Bob Aug 24th 2009 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7871579)

that's not bad going....they get dumped into childcare at 6 weeks over in the US if both parents are working because maternity leave is such a joke.

zoukla Aug 24th 2009 7:17 pm

Another option to provide stimulation with peers is play groups.
If you have time on your hands the group at Abudhabi mums which meets at the club is quite good. www.abudhabimums.ae

Also there is a playgroup at St Andrews church on Wednesdays and thursdays.
They are a good introduction before going into nursery.

Meeting other parents can give you some stimulation/inspiration/friendships as well.

Hope this helps.:fingerscrossed:

busybee2 Aug 24th 2009 7:50 pm

**** your kidding...expat parents look after thier own kids after 3 months..no way..thats what we all employ slaves/cleaners/trolley pushers/registered certified child carers for..

ours is 21 months old and will go for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week..

and my wife will spend this time in the gym.

happy days all round..

not all of them as you know it... i have never had a maid here :eek:

Hello.Kitty Aug 24th 2009 9:54 pm

yeah, at 3 months, they're not even moving. Park 'em in a corner of your apartment and go see them if they cry... you can get loads done!

Seriously though, unless you guys need the childcare in order to work or have a serious break, the educational value of nursery for a 3 month-old is nigh-on zilch - all a baby that age cares about is interaction with her nearest and dearest.

commander Aug 25th 2009 3:49 am

Originally Posted by zoukla (Post 7871755)
Another option to provide stimulation with peers is play groups.
If you have time on your hands the group at Abudhabi mums which meets at the club is quite good. www.abudhabimums.ae

Also there is a playgroup at St Andrews church on Wednesdays and thursdays.
They are a good introduction before going into nursery.

Meeting other parents can give you some stimulation/inspiration/friendships as well.

Hope this helps.:fingerscrossed:

there are a lot of stuck up cows in that group for sure...my wife went once and got the old...'ohh you like it in mangrove, its soo off island, ps how did you manage to get in there??' ...just cause you cant afford it you stupid cow...

and then the old, 'oh your new here, how did you get in the club'...cause we have been here as a family for years and know lots of people..now piss of back to your knitting circle and your chav burberry clad brat..

Millhouse Aug 25th 2009 4:36 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7872608)
there are a lot of stuck up cows in that group for sure...my wife went once and got the old...'ohh you like it in mangrove, its soo off island, ps how did you manage to get in there??' ...just cause you cant afford it you stupid cow...

and then the old, 'oh your new here, how did you get in the club'...cause we have been here as a family for years and know lots of people..now piss of back to your knitting circle and your chav burberry clad brat..

Very funny. Can't say my wife liked it there very much either. I think she went twice and the first time was with me to register.

I didn't mind it too much, the biscuits were ok.